Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Followers of Islam Discovering Jesus as Messiah

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I think you are projecting your Baha'i beliefs onto Islam. Everything I've ever seen points to Islam seeing Jesus as the Messiah, just not understanding what that really means. Mohammed is never described as the Messiah, or even as a Messiah of some kind. He's only ever described as Allah's Prophet of Messenger.
    I was speaking with Siam in another thread, and he said something to the effect that there are two types of prophets, but Jesus gets a different title, and it is messiah.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecost View Post
    I was speaking with Siam in another thread, and he said something to the effect that there are two types of prophets, but Jesus gets a different title, and it is messiah.
    But did this "messiah" lead a sinless life and die on a cross to atone for the sins of the world? Did he die and rise again?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, they may have even copied Jesus unique title as the "Messiah", but islam has lost its Old Testament meaning and made that title practically null and void, tragically for our muslim friends.

It lost the real meaning because muhamed was illiterate and ignorant of the proper, complete contents of the Torah, Psalms and Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But did this "messiah" lead a sinless life and die on a cross to atone for the sins of the world? Did he die and rise again?