Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are Followers of Islam Discovering Jesus as Messiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Doctor Bob Utley, one of my Seminary Professors from years gone by, was talking the other day and I didn't catch the setting -- where he was speaking or to whom.

One of the points he was making, however, was that there is a movement among Muslims that seems to be most prevalent during Ramadan as Muslims spend more time in prayer, whereby Muslims -- especially younger ones -- are receiving visions and having dreams where Jesus is telling them to go talk to people, usually Christian Missionaries or Pastors.

I have been trying to source this beyond something I heard on the radio, but so far have been unable to do so. I do remember him mentioning a book called Mission Frontiers, but the closest thing I come to that is an online magazine called Mission Frontiers.

Absent from these visions is any concept of the Trinity, but it sounds like the immediate result of this "movement" is that Muslims are realizing that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is necessary for Salvation.

Anybody know anything about this?
    Historically and scripturally the Messianic tradition has been with Islam since the beginning, including the return of Christ. Essentially in Islam there is succession of Messiahs including Mohammed.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Siam,

We're not talking about "onesies and twosies" converting from Islam - this thread is about THOUSANDS, often whole villages, converting to Christianity. And it's not about becoming atheists --- it's about Muslims coming to Jesus.

It's about documented "movements" of 1,000 or more Muslims at a time, and the starting of 100 or more Churches in a "movement", with MANY such movements taking place in recent years.

If you'd like to start a thread about Muslims turning to atheism, please feel free to do that, OK?

Thanks

CP
      Conversion to Christianity is a different story.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Historically and scripturally the Messianic tradition has been with Islam since the beginning, including the return of Christ. Essentially in Islam there is succession of Messiahs including Mohammed.
        Yeah, that's totally not what we're talking about here.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Yeah, that's totally not what we're talking about here.
          Yeah!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I think you are projecting your Baha'i beliefs onto Islam. Everything I've ever seen points to Islam seeing Jesus as the Messiah, just not understanding what that really means. Mohammed is never described as the Messiah, or even as a Messiah of some kind. He's only ever described as Allah's Prophet of Messenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I think you are projecting your Baha'i beliefs onto Islam. Everything I've ever seen points to Islam seeing Jesus as the Messiah, just not understanding what that really means. Mohammed is never described as the Messiah, or even as a Messiah of some kind. He's only ever described as Allah's Prophet of Messenger.
              I was speaking with Siam in another thread, and he said something to the effect that there are two types of prophets, but Jesus gets a different title, and it is messiah.
              Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
                I was speaking with Siam in another thread, and he said something to the effect that there are two types of prophets, but Jesus gets a different title, and it is messiah.
                But did this "messiah" lead a sinless life and die on a cross to atone for the sins of the world? Did he die and rise again?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, they may have even copied Jesus unique title as the "Messiah", but islam has lost its Old Testament meaning and made that title practically null and void, tragically for our muslim friends.

It lost the real meaning because muhamed was illiterate and ignorant of the proper, complete contents of the Torah, Psalms and Gospel.

But did this "messiah" lead a sinless life and die on a cross to atone for the sins of the world? Did he die and rise again?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X