Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Followers of Islam Discovering Jesus as Messiah

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It appears these "mass conversions" often follow a Muslim on Muslim war, or other event that causes Muslims to pray more sincerely or fervently.

ISIS may actually be helping to drive Muslims to Jesus!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, a "couple of stories" as opposed to dozens of "movements" of at least a thousand or more converts from Islam to Christianity?
    A couple of stories about supposed Christians at that.

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It appears these "mass conversions" often follow a Muslim on Muslim war, or other event that causes Muslims to pray more sincerely or fervently.

ISIS may actually be helping to drive Muslims to Jesus!
    The Lord can use even the works of the most vile to bring about positive things. And what could be more positive than a person being saved?

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I apologize for not giving a source...
    from what I understood, war and extremism is causing both Christians and Muslims of the Middle East to become Atheists.....one question asked was that if God existed....how could he allow such horrors and atrocities..?....
    just to be clear...war does not "save" people, it kills them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    I apologize for not giving a source...
    from what I understood, war and extremism is causing both Christians and Muslims of the Middle East to become Atheists.....one question asked was that if God existed....how could he allow such horrors and atrocities..?....
    just to be clear...war does not "save" people, it kills them.
    Siam,

We're not talking about "onesies and twosies" converting from Islam - this thread is about THOUSANDS, often whole villages, converting to Christianity. And it's not about becoming atheists --- it's about Muslims coming to Jesus.

It's about documented "movements" of 1,000 or more Muslims at a time, and the starting of 100 or more Churches in a "movement", with MANY such movements taking place in recent years.

If you'd like to start a thread about Muslims turning to atheism, please feel free to do that, OK?

Thanks

CP
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-19-2014 at 07:58 AM.

8. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Doctor Bob Utley, one of my Seminary Professors from years gone by, was talking the other day and I didn't catch the setting -- where he was speaking or to whom.

One of the points he was making, however, was that there is a movement among Muslims that seems to be most prevalent during Ramadan as Muslims spend more time in prayer, whereby Muslims -- especially younger ones -- are receiving visions and having dreams where Jesus is telling them to go talk to people, usually Christian Missionaries or Pastors.

I have been trying to source this beyond something I heard on the radio, but so far have been unable to do so. I do remember him mentioning a book called Mission Frontiers, but the closest thing I come to that is an online magazine called Mission Frontiers.

Absent from these visions is any concept of the Trinity, but it sounds like the immediate result of this "movement" is that Muslims are realizing that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is necessary for Salvation.

Anybody know anything about this?
    Historically and scripturally the Messianic tradition has been with Islam since the beginning, including the return of Christ. Essentially in Islam there is succession of Messiahs including Mohammed.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Siam,

We're not talking about "onesies and twosies" converting from Islam - this thread is about THOUSANDS, often whole villages, converting to Christianity. And it's not about becoming atheists --- it's about Muslims coming to Jesus.

It's about documented "movements" of 1,000 or more Muslims at a time, and the starting of 100 or more Churches in a "movement", with MANY such movements taking place in recent years.

If you'd like to start a thread about Muslims turning to atheism, please feel free to do that, OK?

Thanks

CP
    Conversion to Christianity is a different story.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Historically and scripturally the Messianic tradition has been with Islam since the beginning, including the return of Christ. Essentially in Islam there is succession of Messiahs including Mohammed.
    Yeah, that's totally not what we're talking about here.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yeah, that's totally not what we're talking about here.
    Yeah!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post

I think you are projecting your Baha'i beliefs onto Islam. Everything I've ever seen points to Islam seeing Jesus as the Messiah, just not understanding what that really means. Mohammed is never described as the Messiah, or even as a Messiah of some kind. He's only ever described as Allah's Prophet of Messenger.

15. Amen Pentecost, Teallaura amen'd this post.