Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Animals Doing What Animals Do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassman is a clever devil, isn't he? :imp: :satan: :devil:

That God as Creator and Sustainer is "an unnecessary complication" . . . ! That is not going to work, as far as I am concerned. I see radically different hypotheses:
    1) God created and sustains the universe.
    2)The universe is all what we can or will be able to observe.
    3) There is no god as creator and sustainer, but the universe (what we can observe) is not all of what's out there beyond our bodies (no souls).
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      Tassman is a clever devil, isn't he? :imp: :satan: :devil:
      So those who can find no merit in your god-did-it argument are deemed to be of Satan?

That God as Creator and Sustainer is "an unnecessary complication" . . . ! That is not going to work, as far as I am concerned.
      That’s OK. All you need do is supply substantive evidence of God’s existence. Otherwise adding God into the equation is an unnecessary and unsupported complication"

I see radically different hypotheses:
      1) God created and sustains the universe.

How do you know?

2)The universe is all what we can or will be able to observe.
      The universe is everything that exists.

3) There is no god as creator and sustainer, but the universe (what we can observe) is not all of what's out there beyond our bodies (no souls).
      Are you referring to ‘Idealism’ whereby the universe supposedly arises from consciousness, rather than the other way around? All the evidence indicates that consciousness is an emergent process of electrochemical actions occurring in the material brain. If other forms of consciousness exist they have yet to manifest themselves.
      Last edited by Tassman; 12-04-2014, 03:57 AM.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment