Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why Did You Originally Join Theologyweb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP talked about it in a few vids and I also thought this would be a great place to start a new kingdom.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

My dad. And if you don't understand, I'm not explaining.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I can't really remember. I know JP Holding led me here, but I can't remember if I was a supporter or hater at the time. I remember when I was first introduced to him, I wasn't the biggest fan and even sent him a critical message of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I don't remember.
          Old age... will... do... Um, er -- hey look a bright shiny Canadian quarter

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Rayado invited me to join.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think I wandered onto the old site in about 2008 following some thread about this new word 'preterism' that I came across. Still not sure that I know what it means or that I are one.

Comment

I marked two, but no single one or two fit me entirely. I like to debate to practice debating, and learn why people believe as they do and how they express their beliefs. The why question is a big one. In learning to debate I occasionally argue argue topics and questions that I do not necessarily believe. I also debate from the Baha'i perspective, Methodological Naturalism, and universal world views and beliefs that reflect a more universal view like the Unitarian Universalists.

The quality of Tweb is very good to excellent compared to other sites on the web.

An example of a thread I started where I do not necessarily believe is 'Canaanite Psalms.' I in reality do not believe the Psalms are Canaanite, but I believe that the Book of Psalms have Canaanite origins, and they were considerably edited and about 50-80% were added material very late as rewritten and embellished by Hebrew stories and history as the Hebrews developed their own written language and identity after ~600 BCE. I do believe early Hebrews were Canaanite minor pastoral tribes. Presenting an extreme position I drew more Twebbers out to express their views.

My most important issue to promote and debate is Methodological Naturalism. I really like some of the recent threads by Roland (rwatts).

I also like the fellowship of Twebbers, some which I have meet over the years. I miss some of the Jews involved in the Old Tweb, very instructive. I also miss Glenn Morton, I hope he is in good health. I joined Tweb in the first year it formed.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-17-2014, 04:52 PM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Old age... will... do... Um, er -- hey look a bright shiny Canadian quarter

How much is it worth US
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    How much is it worth US
                    Not much lately, that's for sure!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I joined on a dare.

I was going to vote for "I'm crazy, and thought this would be a good place to talk about our Lord and Saviour, Cthulhu", but that would be a lie. Everyone knows I worship Sephius; the God of death and embroidery.
                      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

I was banned from some Christian corporate owned web sites for life. (That is the short answer.) And because Tektonics gave me reason join this one.

The long answer was over the Nicene Creed after being falsely accused of denying the deity of Christ and Christ as Creator. The partial ban was I was not allowed to post anything about God or anything about the nature of Jesus Christ. I asked the question, Isn't salvation a matter of the nature of Christ? And I was banned. After I proved I was falsely accused, I was told to go else where anyway.
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                          I was banned from some Christian corporate owned web sites for life. (That is the short answer.) And because Tektonics gave me reason join this one.

The long answer was over the Nicene Creed after being falsely accused of denying the deity of Christ and Christ as Creator. The partial ban was I was not allowed to post anything about God or anything about the nature of Jesus Christ. I asked the question, Isn't salvation a matter of the nature of Christ? And I was banned. After I proved I was falsely accused, I was told to go else where anyway.
                          As an owner, I hereby declare that you can no longer use the vowels "a" and "e" in your posts or you will be banned!!! Oh, and the letter "n"

Comment

D-m-!

-ORM
                            When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

JP Holding made me do it.
                              Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                              As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

I didn't notice until after I voted that multiple responses were allowed. I checked "Wanted to sow the seeds of skepticism," but I also joined because I just enjoy discussing religion.

Comment