Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 11/20/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 11/20/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Puzzles, Life, You, Blessings, and God…

Psalm 22 is usually thought of as a prophetic Psalm referring to Jesus and that is what it is to me. However, it is not only a revelation of Jesus’ life but yours and mine as well, read on! “You, Lord, brought me safely through birth, and you protected me when I was a baby at my mother’s breast. From the day I was born, I have been in your care, and from the time of my birth, you have been my God. Don’t stay far off when I am in trouble with no one to help me.” (Psalm 22:9–11, CEV)

In the Vryso Voice Blog this morning guest author Brian Williams addresses the “Don’t stay far off when I am in trouble with no one to help me.” “God says, “You don’t need money. You need My favor.” You need his shalom—the full measure of peace—to operate in your life. This is your gift from him if you are his child, if you are in covenant with him. God blesses his people and rescues them. Just as he did with the Israelites, God loved you and chose you in spite of who you are and what you have done. You are elected by God. You were chosen before the foundation of the world. He chose you. It wasn’t because of anything you’ve done. That is his favor!”

The Psalmist and Brian Williams remind me of one of the loves of my life putting puzzles together. Several times as I was recovering from hip surgery my son and daughter-in-law bought me a puzzle and I would sit by the hour and assemble them. At first it was to ease the boredom but suddenly it symbolizing my life. As the jumbled hodgepodge of multiple shaped cut cardboard with a slice of picture on one side fit together I could see how everything that had happened and was happening to me was fitting together. Before my eyes life was coming together not as crazy shaped hodge-podge of cut up cardboard but as a single picture filled with a strange sense of coming together accompanied by a strange and powerful sense of Peace. And believe it or not somehow as I turned each piece to see if it fit it with the developing picture I was able to sense God’s hand blessing me, helping me form the beautiful picture my life has become.

After the puzzle was completed and I gazed at the completed puzzle with all of the “scar lines” where the picture was cut to form the puzzle I thought about all the “good” things and “bad” things that has either happened to me or committed by me. Isn’t it amazing how God can take the miss-mash of our lives and create a beautiful picture? And the miracle is that he forms us into a beautiful picture without removing all our blemishes.

If you’re life seems in a 1000 pieces go to a department store purchase a puzzle and as you begin putting it together ask God to help you and then experience the miracle!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X