Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

Paul: The Worship of the Lord Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apostoli View Post
    How pathetic is it that you can't affirm the Christian belief of 99% of the Churches...

For the 8th time I ask you to either affirm or deny the most basic of Christian teachings...

Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)

Your reluctance to affirm the most simple of Christian principles, now for the eighth time demonstrates you reject Christianity. The assumption therefore is that in your pretense you adhere to some hillybilly cult....
    I don't need to confirm anything to heretics that I don't feel like.
    See Post #25...learn how to read.

Comment

What do your "hosts" tell about Zechariah 14:16, Foudroyant?
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. (Zechariah 14:16, NASB)

no idea what you are asking me about.

Comment

It says there that the king is to be worshipped. What do your hosts have to say about that point?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
            the King, the LORD of hosts
            The King is the LORD of hosts.

Comment

I see that I have been remiss. This time you have correctly understood your hosts.

שָׁחָה
              Transliteration
              shachah

Pronunciation
              shä·khä' (Key)
              Part of Speech
              verb

Root Word (Etymology)
              A primitive root
              Dictionary Aids

TWOT Reference: 2360
              Outline of Biblical Usage

to bow down

(Qal) to bow down

(Hiphil) to depress (fig)

(Hithpael)

to bow down, prostrate oneself

before superior in homage

before God in worship

before false gods

before angels
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

ok

Comment

The only heritic around here is YOU!!! You simply need to affirm or deny the Christian belief of 99+% of the various churches...

For the 9th time...

"Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)"

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your reluctance to respond to such a simple testimony, your avoidance to affirm the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...

ps: As for your post #25, it simply demonstrates your cowardice and ignorance. As Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, "...the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him..." (John 4:23).
                  Last edited by apostoli; 08-04-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

See Post #25.

Comment

See Post #25.
                      As for your post #25, it simply demonstrates your cowardice and ignorance. As Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, "...the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him..." (John 4:23).

Your denial of Christ's personal testimonies evidences your absolute rejection of Christianity...so in your persecution of the JWs, stop pretending you are a Christian! I and others are on your tail and will prosecute you to the nth degree...Hopefully, as a result, one day you will have the heart to accept Christ, his Father and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit...

For the 10th time...

"Questions arise: Do you ascribe to the Nicene Creed or reject it? Do you believe that before his incarnation the Son was begotten by his Father, not made, God from God? Do you believe that the Son is a distinct entity/individual from his Father? Do you believe the scripture's account that the Son was incarnated not of his own volition but was sent by his Father? Do you believe that in the end of times the Son will share his Father's throne, at the will of the Father? Do you believe, as A.Paul certainly did, that God (the Father) raised Jesus from the dead? Do you believe, as the apostles John & Paul certainly did, that all Jesus did was for the glorification of his Father (cp. Jn 17, Phil 2)"

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your reluctance to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...

There is no need for me to open another thread to discuss your inability to make a Christian witness/testimony, as the Biblical testimony of worship and prayer trumps your aberrational stupidity...

Comment

There is no need for me to open another thread to discuss your inability to make a Christian witness/testimony, as the Biblical testimony of worship and prayer trumps your aberrational stupidity...
                        See my first sentence in Post #31.
                        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...rd-Jesus/page4
                        Last edited by foudroyant; 08-05-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Your denial of Christ's personal testimonies evidences your absolute rejection of Christianity...so in your persecution of the JWs, stop pretending you are a Christian! I and others are on your tail and will prosecute you to the nth degree...Hopefully, as a result, one day you will have the heart to accept Christ, his Father and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit...

For the 11th time...

It is obvious to all viewers, that in your reluctance to respond to such a simple Christian testimony, that in your avoidance of the most elementary beliefs of Christianity, that you reject Christianity...

Comment

I and others are on your tail and will prosecute you to the nth degree..
                            Oh, I am trembling.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant;83775 post #25 & #31
                              start another thread somewhere else about this topic.
                              THIS THREAD has to do with the Lord Jesus being prayed to/worshiped.

No need to start another thread. In your absolute ignorance you are unable to differentiate beteen supplication and prayer! I have particularly noticed that in your rants you have avoided Jesus' testimony. He directs us to direct our prayers to his Father...(albeit through him = "whatever is asked in my name"...)

You evidence that the only heretic around here is you!!! You evidence denial of the most elemental teachings of Christ. You evidence denial of the most elementary teachings of Christianity.

I'm not going anywhere. I suspect you belong to effluent cult, that makes the JWs look good. At least the JWs distinguish between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You on the other hand refuse to acknowledge Biblical truth as has been taught by mainstream Christianity since the day dot...

You defame Christ! You disgust me!!!
                              Last edited by apostoli; 08-05-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

You disgust me!!!
                                This is awesome!

Keep asking your questions because I ain't answering 'em.

They don't belong here. Another thread should be started elsewhere.

yur still funny.
                                Last edited by foudroyant; 08-05-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X