Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 11/21/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 11/21/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    God and God’s gifts reasons to be eternally thankful…

One week from today Thanksgiving 2014 will be in the history books and with “Black Friday” well underway by 7:18 AM (time I am writing this) Thanksgiving may be only a fading memory. But THE most important reason for being thankful for the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus will never fade away.

Please forgive me for bypassing Christmas and the birth of Jesus and heading straight to Easter and the giving of the greatest gift ever. The author of Hebrews sets the stage for us to understand the deeper meaning of Jesus’ birth, the all important fact that because of Jesus we NOW have full access to God and just as important God has full access to us as well. Please don’t miss, “Christ came as the high priest of the good things that are NOW here.”

“All of this is the Holy Spirit’s way of saying that no one could enter the most holy place while the tent was still the place of worship. This also has a meaning for today. It shows that we cannot make our consciences clear by offering gifts and sacrifices. These rules are merely about such things as eating and drinking and ceremonies for washing ourselves. And rules about physical things will last only until the time comes to change them for something better. Christ came as the high priest of the good things that are now here. He also went into a much better tent that wasn’t made by humans and that doesn’t belong to this world.” (Hebrews 9:8–11, CEV)

It was the lowly shepherds who experienced the birth of Jesus first hand. And it is Jesus that provides each one of us “lowly shepherds” ability to experience God firsthand. At the risk of oversimplifying the Christmas story we NOW have an “On Request God” who is concerned about even the minute details of our life.

“God, thank you for giving us life!
    God, thank you for giving us Jesus!
    Jesus, thank you for giving us access to God!
    “Holy Spirit, thank you for keeping us connected to God!”

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Thank you Gary for these great words. That little hymn at the end says it all.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X