Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Jake was THRILLED!

Gas at Krogers was $2.49 without the 3 cent discount. The Valero just up the road was $2.42 / gal.

Gasoline is finally cheaper than milk again!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

And if you buy it from Citgo in Massachusetts you could win a trip to Venezuela!

Gas is around a dollar a litre here. Multiply by 4.4 and you will get price per gallon.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      And if you buy it from Citgo in Massachusetts you could win a trip to Venezuela!

Gas is around a dollar a litre here. Multiply by 4.4 and you will get price per gallon.
      So, 4.4 times 1 liter times a dollar..... how much is milk?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good for our pocket books...but, unfortunately for our Texas economy, if it goes very much lower, it will start causing problems with our in State oil production. At $75 a barrel, Texas Shale oil wells become unprofitable, according to this Bloomberg article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...rofitable.html

I remember when the oil industry in the 80's crashed. Lot's of Oil people lost it all, put thousands out of work. There are hundreds if not thousands of Oil Well maintenance/repair companies across Texas that are the first to go out of business when the wells are capped...

So, it's a two edged sword for us...
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          Good for our pocket books...but, unfortunately for our Texas economy, if it goes very much lower, it will start causing problems with our in State oil production. At $75 a barrel, Texas Shale oil wells become unprofitable, according to this Bloomberg article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...rofitable.html

I remember when the oil industry in the 80's crashed. Lot's of Oil people lost it all, put thousands out of work. There are hundreds if not thousands of Oil Well maintenance/repair companies across Texas that are the first to go out of business when the wells are capped...

So, it's a two edged sword for us...
          Yup... on the "good" side... Putin depends on oil revenues to flex his muscles.... and ISIS won't have as much income, but, yeah......

Lots of Texas operations get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            So, 4.4 times 1 liter times a dollar..... how much is milk?
            About 1.40 a litre.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yup... on the "good" side... Putin depends on oil revenues to flex his muscles.... and ISIS won't have as much income, but, yeah......

Lots of Texas operations get hurt.
              Alberta's, too.

Comment

About 1.40 a litre.
                OK, like, that tells me nothing. I refuse to do foreign math!

Comment

OK, like, that tells me nothing. I refuse to do foreign math!
                  And I must amend: milk is about 1.20 a litre. I was thinking of 2.39 for 2 litres, which is what I buy.

In the Imperial system used in Canada in the old days, there are 4.4 litres in an Imperial gallon.

Easy math--4.4 x price = cost in Imperial.

The U.S. uses a slightly smaller gallon. Hence, 4 litres would equal a US gallon.

So, even if I used a US gallon as reference, we are paying, here in Alberta, about 4.00 a gallon for gas, and about 4.80 a gallon for milk.

In other parts of Canada, gas is much higher.

Comment

And I must amend: milk is about 1.20 a litre. I was thinking of 2.39 for 2 litres, which is what I buy.

In the Imperial system used in Canada in the old days, there are 4.4 litres in an Imperial gallon.

Easy math--4.4 x price = cost in Imperial.

The U.S. uses a slightly smaller gallon. Hence, 4 litres would equal a US gallon.

So, even if I used a US gallon as reference, we are paying, here in Alberta, about 4.00 a gallon for gas, and about 4.80 a gallon for milk.

In other parts of Canada, gas is much higher.
                    I needs a nap!

Comment

$7.40 a gallon here in Western Alaska and we aren't the most expensive either.
                      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Around half that in Anchorage, nowhere near the $2.50 mark. Have not seen that in years.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I just paid $2.31 per gallon!

Comment

I remember when the cheapest gas stations around town charged 23.9¢/gal.
                            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              I remember when the cheapest gas stations around town charged 23.9¢/gal.
                              Yup, when I was a kid, I mowed lawns for money, and I could fill up my gallon gas can for a quarter, and have a few cents left for the penny peanut machine.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X