Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
    Sorry. I meant the gas station should check their math.

I wonder if that was a function of me taking the picture AS it was still metering - that wasn't the final reading.

AND, I can't honestly say... MOST Kroger pumps I've used automatically discount the 3 cents if you put in your code, but this one actually asked "do you want to use your 3 cent discount". I thought that was odd - - why would I NOT?!?!?!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I wonder if that was a function of me taking the picture AS it was still metering - that wasn't the final reading.

AND, I can't honestly say... MOST Kroger pumps I've used automatically discount the 3 cents if you put in your code, but this one actually asked "do you want to use your 3 cent discount". I thought that was odd - - why would I NOT?!?!?!
      After scanning my Kroger card the ones around here asks if I want to use the full discount that I'm eligible for, part of that discount, the 3¢ discount or no discount. I always wonder if anyone ever chooses the last option

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jake was THRILLED!

Gas at Krogers was $2.49 without the 3 cent discount. The Valero just up the road was $2.42 / gal.

Gasoline is finally cheaper than milk again!
        $2.15 is the avg price per gallon in Massachusetts. Its $2.03 a gallon where I fuel up.

Comment

• Georgia used to have some of the cheapest gas. Now it's slightly more expensive than Taxachusetts

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Weird. Every time I get gas at a pump with a similar display, it blanks out the cost of the grades you're not getting and shows the actual price you're paying in the grade you're pumping. That display looks like a post-sale picture after you've completed pumping and put the handle back.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Weird. Every time I get gas at a pump with a similar display, it blanks out the cost of the grades you're not getting and shows the actual price you're paying in the grade you're pumping. That display looks like a post-sale picture after you've completed pumping and put the handle back.
              That's possible - I had my grandson with me, and he was wanting chips and drinks from the store, so.... entirely possible.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• $2.11 yesterday but I didn't get any since I still have more than a quarter tank

Comment

• No math, just a picture of the actual price I paid at Walmart - no discount.

gas price.jpg

Comment

• $1.859. But with a 30¢ discount

Comment

• $2.05 this morning. It was $1.91

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Up to $2.06 from $1.95

Comment

• $1.83 yesterday!
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Dropped about 5 cents around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Dropped about 5 cents around here.
                              I found that on the parking lot this afternoon.

Comment

• Bought some for $2.03 on the way home tonight.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X