Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Almost certainly, by the liter. Few other countries use the US gallon as a unit of measure. We're big enough that we can get away with doing things our way.
    Yeah, I remember all through grade school when they kept threatening to change everything to the metric system. I figured, if you give an inch, they'll take a mile, so we gave them the whole 9 yards!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, I remember all through grade school when they kept threatening to change everything to the metric system. I figured, if you give an inch, they'll take a mile, so we gave them the whole 9 yards!
      Harking back to your Eagle Pup moniker?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I keep reading about how the price of gas is at a 12 year low but around here prices are rising steadily upward.

Just after Drudge linked to an article about gas being the lowest since 2009 prices here were at $2.09 -- finally going down to where they were last year just before a pipeline ruptured sending prices skyrocketing and leading to mass shortages here -- prices suddenly jumped to between $2.19 to 2.21. They started inching back down reaching as low as $2.15 and then jumped to $2.25 in a single night. Last night I noticed prices are now between $2.25 and 2.29

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• It's weird here - I've gotten it as low as $1.81 and seen it at $2.05

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Pretty consistent here at $1.95 to $1.99.

Except, of course, at those pinko commie stations who advertise $1.99 (and in VERY small print "Cash Price") and the credit card price may be as much as 25 cents higher.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pretty consistent here at $1.95 to $1.99.

Except, of course, at those pinko commie stations who advertise $1.99 (and in VERY small print "Cash Price") and the credit card price may be as much as 25 cents higher.
              NJ (where all the stations are full service) is like that.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Out of curiosity, do ya'll buy it by the gallon or liter?
                I converted it to us dollars per gallon, rather than danish crowns per liter. By the liter. Its currently '10.35kr / liter' down at the local gas station. Have fun converting that. :3

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  I converted it to us dollars per gallon, rather than danish crowns per liter. By the liter. Its currently '10.35kr / liter' down at the local gas station. Have fun converting that. :3
                  1.63 per liter
                  6.26 per gallon

Comment

• Anyone remember this one??

That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• I think the only advantage of the imperial system of units is that 1/64th of an inch held at arms length matches almost exactly the angular resolution of the human eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        I think the only advantage of the imperial system of units is that 1/64th of an inch held at arms length matches almost exactly the angular resolution of the human eye.
                        Good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Anyone remember this one??

I remember all through elementary school, they were promising us that the US was switching to the metric system "next year".

They were also preaching overpopulation and "the coming ice age".

Comment

I remember all through elementary school, they were promising us that the US was switching to the metric system "next year".

They were also preaching overpopulation and "the coming ice age".
                            At this point, switching would be enormously expensive and disruptive, especially on that short of a notice. It would need to be something like, "in 2030, everything will have to be done in metric." That would give manufacturers time to make and implement new designs for everything.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              At this point, switching would be enormously expensive and disruptive, especially on that short of a notice. It would need to be something like, "in 2030, everything will have to be done in metric." That would give manufacturers time to make and implement new designs for everything.
                              Agreed. My daughter, when she was contemplating becoming a nurse, was scared to death of the metric system because she said "I'm really not that good at math". Now that she's a nurse, she loves how easy it is to convert metric measurements.

Comment

Agreed. My daughter, when she was contemplating becoming a nurse, was scared to death of the metric system because she said "I'm really not that good at math". Now that she's a nurse, she loves how easy it is to convert metric measurements.
                                Yeah, metric's not difficult to learn or use - it's just different, and people tend not to like different.

sigpic

Comment