Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 442

Thread: I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

  1. #1
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,692
    Amen (Given)
    7513
    Amen (Received)
    17322

    I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

    Jake was THRILLED!

    Gas at Krogers was $2.49 without the 3 cent discount. The Valero just up the road was $2.42 / gal.

    Gasoline is finally cheaper than milk again!

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  2. #2
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,048
    Amen (Given)
    10904
    Amen (Received)
    6241
    And if you buy it from Citgo in Massachusetts you could win a trip to Venezuela!

    Gas is around a dollar a litre here. Multiply by 4.4 and you will get price per gallon.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  3. #3
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,692
    Amen (Given)
    7513
    Amen (Received)
    17322
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    And if you buy it from Citgo in Massachusetts you could win a trip to Venezuela!

    Gas is around a dollar a litre here. Multiply by 4.4 and you will get price per gallon.
    So, 4.4 times 1 liter times a dollar..... how much is milk?

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  4. #4
    Professor Littlejoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,319
    Amen (Given)
    1238
    Amen (Received)
    1381
    Good for our pocket books...but, unfortunately for our Texas economy, if it goes very much lower, it will start causing problems with our in State oil production. At $75 a barrel, Texas Shale oil wells become unprofitable, according to this Bloomberg article.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...rofitable.html

    I remember when the oil industry in the 80's crashed. Lot's of Oil people lost it all, put thousands out of work. There are hundreds if not thousands of Oil Well maintenance/repair companies across Texas that are the first to go out of business when the wells are capped...

    So, it's a two edged sword for us...

  5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  6. #5
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,692
    Amen (Given)
    7513
    Amen (Received)
    17322
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Good for our pocket books...but, unfortunately for our Texas economy, if it goes very much lower, it will start causing problems with our in State oil production. At $75 a barrel, Texas Shale oil wells become unprofitable, according to this Bloomberg article.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...rofitable.html

    I remember when the oil industry in the 80's crashed. Lot's of Oil people lost it all, put thousands out of work. There are hundreds if not thousands of Oil Well maintenance/repair companies across Texas that are the first to go out of business when the wells are capped...

    So, it's a two edged sword for us...
    Yup... on the "good" side... Putin depends on oil revenues to flex his muscles.... and ISIS won't have as much income, but, yeah......

    Lots of Texas operations get hurt.

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  7. #6
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,048
    Amen (Given)
    10904
    Amen (Received)
    6241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, 4.4 times 1 liter times a dollar..... how much is milk?
    About 1.40 a litre.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  8. #7
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,048
    Amen (Given)
    10904
    Amen (Received)
    6241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yup... on the "good" side... Putin depends on oil revenues to flex his muscles.... and ISIS won't have as much income, but, yeah......

    Lots of Texas operations get hurt.
    Alberta's, too.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  9. #8
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,692
    Amen (Given)
    7513
    Amen (Received)
    17322
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    About 1.40 a litre.
    OK, like, that tells me nothing. I refuse to do foreign math!

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  10. #9
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,048
    Amen (Given)
    10904
    Amen (Received)
    6241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, like, that tells me nothing. I refuse to do foreign math!
    And I must amend: milk is about 1.20 a litre. I was thinking of 2.39 for 2 litres, which is what I buy.

    In the Imperial system used in Canada in the old days, there are 4.4 litres in an Imperial gallon.

    Easy math--4.4 x price = cost in Imperial.

    The U.S. uses a slightly smaller gallon. Hence, 4 litres would equal a US gallon.

    So, even if I used a US gallon as reference, we are paying, here in Alberta, about 4.00 a gallon for gas, and about 4.80 a gallon for milk.

    In other parts of Canada, gas is much higher.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  11. #10
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,692
    Amen (Given)
    7513
    Amen (Received)
    17322
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    And I must amend: milk is about 1.20 a litre. I was thinking of 2.39 for 2 litres, which is what I buy.

    In the Imperial system used in Canada in the old days, there are 4.4 litres in an Imperial gallon.

    Easy math--4.4 x price = cost in Imperial.

    The U.S. uses a slightly smaller gallon. Hence, 4 litres would equal a US gallon.

    So, even if I used a US gallon as reference, we are paying, here in Alberta, about 4.00 a gallon for gas, and about 4.80 a gallon for milk.

    In other parts of Canada, gas is much higher.
    I needs a nap!

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  12. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •