Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I see that for $2 at the place closest to my place. Non-cash is $2.03.
    They outta be required to post the price related to the most common payment method of their customers. If most of their customers pay cash, then, sure - post the cash price the biggest!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      They outta be required to post the price related to the most common payment method of their customers. If most of their customers pay cash, then, sure - post the cash price the biggest!
      It's been a long time since I saw much of that cash/non-cash stuff. Last time wasn't too recent.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        It's been a long time since I saw much of that cash/non-cash stuff. Last time wasn't too recent.
        It seems to be SOP in New Jersey.

There was a place down the road for me which tried it for a while last year/this year (cash price on the digital sign, credit price on a sign at ground level), but they quit doing that a month or so ago.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• $1.77 today near Springfield, MO

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It seems to be SOP in New Jersey.

There was a place down the road for me which tried it for a while last year/this year (cash price on the digital sign, credit price on a sign at ground level), but they quit doing that a month or so ago.
            The fact that a gas station next door consistently advertised "Same price cash or credit" and was competitively priced with the "cash price" might have had something to do with them giving up on the idea.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Filled up yesterday at $1.97. But I had earned 10c off; regular price was $2.07. I did see $2.05 but didn't fill up that day. [Irvings has this deal where if you swipe their Irvings reward card, and then buy 50 gallons of gas, the next twenty gallons is 10c off.] Filled up my truck for... less than $40! I remember once filling up my car and spending $70!

Gotta say, I never thought I'd see it this low again.
              No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

• $1.79 regular price at Murphy today.

I wanna car!!!!!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Gas today in Tomball, Texas

gas today.jpg
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    $1.79 regular price at Murphy today.

I wanna car!!!!!
                    Me too, started looking again.
                    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

• $1.99/gallon. IIRC, that is over 60¢ less than what it was this time last year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        $1.79 regular price at Murphy today.

I wanna car!!!!!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Gas today in Tomball, Texas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11564[/ATTACH]
                          Photoshopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                            Photoshopped.
                            nope - 30 cent discount using Kroger card! The pump was still running, so I was only 1.66 gallons into a 20 gallon fill up. Actual not-discounted price was $1.69.

Comment

nope - 30 cent discount using Kroger card! The pump was still running, so I was only 1.66 gallons into a 20 gallon fill up. Actual not-discounted price was $1.69.
                              Yup. Krogers gives 10¢ off their gas for every $100 of groceries purchased in a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Yup. Krogers gives 10¢ off their gas for every $100 of groceries purchased in a month.
                                Sometimes Mrs CP and I will rack up about 60 or 70 cents per gallon discount, and go to the gas station at the same time. My vehicle fuels from the right, and hers from the left, so she pulls up to the pump, then I back up to her vehicle, and we fuel up both -- I think the maximum is 40 gallons, yes? And each of our tanks is 22 gallons, so we can pretty much get the biggest bank for the buck out of that discount.

Yeah, I'm a Scotsman.

Comment