Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sometimes Mrs CP and I will rack up about 60 or 70 cents per gallon discount, and go to the gas station at the same time. My vehicle fuels from the right, and hers from the left, so she pulls up to the pump, then I back up to her vehicle, and we fuel up both -- I think the maximum is 40 gallons, yes? And each of our tanks is 22 gallons, so we can pretty much get the biggest bank for the buck out of that discount.

Yeah, I'm a Scotsman.
    And cheap too.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And cheap too.
      The word is thrifty. Financially responsible. Frugal.

FrugalMacLogo.gif
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The word is thrifty. Financially responsible. Frugal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11652[/ATTACH]
        That's what I said. Cheap (a.k.a., miserly, penny-pincher, tightwad, stingy).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what I said. Cheap (a.k.a., miserly, penny-pincher, tightwad, stingy).
          Well, um.... thusly, and ... in the America of the US, I... um.... yes!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yup. Krogers gives 10¢ off their gas for every $100 of groceries purchased in a month.
            And Texans have BIG appetites, so they buy lots of groceries.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• As you can see, cash and credit prices are the same.... and this is without any discount!

2015-12-07 18.33.43.jpg

Comment

• I paid $1.74!

I got a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  I paid $1.74!

I got a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Be kinda a silly to by gasoline if you didn't have anything to put it in.

$1.98 seems to be standard around here although I passed 2 places advertising $1.95.

Comment

Be kinda a silly to by gasoline if you didn't have anything to put it in.
                    I once put it in a styrofoam cup. I knew the cup wouldn't hold the gas for long, and I only needed to transfer it from a container to my lawnmower 6 feet away.

Wanna guess how quickly a styrofoam cup can no longer hold gasoline?

Comment

• $1.92 at Krogers ($1.89 with card) but $1.86 ($1.83 with cash) down the street

Comment

• 2.30 at Food For Less (Kroger in other places).
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• $1.58 at Kroger before the 3 cent discount.

Comment

• I recently paid $2.89 per gal. Can't get much better around here.
                            I am become death...

Comment

• It was $1.87 here a few days ago but yesterday everyone raised it back to $1.94 despite the price of oil continuing to fall. I guess it is for the holidays

Comment

It was $1.87 here a few days ago but yesterday everyone raised it back to $1.94 despite the price of oil continuing to fall. I guess it is for the holidays
                                yep! Oil prices are lower than they've been in YEARS, on hand Gasoline supplies are up...the only reason to raise the prices right now is they know they can get it for holiday driving...

Oil companies are shedding jobs right and left. Drilling and pumping equipment is starting to stack up...the oil industry is going to be decimated again...
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X