Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.78 at Valero
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• $1.81 at Murphy
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• $1.67 at Kroger before any discounts.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          $1.67 at Kroger before any discounts.
          $2.03 here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• $1.79
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Anyone else notice a sharp jump in prices? Last week I filled up at $1.65 (would have been $2.05 but I had 40¢/gallon discount at Krogers) and then noticed a day or so later that everyone had raised their prices by 14-to-15¢/gallon.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Yes.....

Anybody here use GasBuddy?

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

You can put the app on your phone, and find the lowest gas prices in your area. You can also be a "reporter", and update gas prices on the app!

Comment

• From GasBuddy.com/Charts

ch.gaschart.gif

Comment

• Here is Houston and Atlanta compared to National average (and each other, of course)

gas houston atlanta.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Anyone else notice a sharp jump in prices? Last week I filled up at $1.65 (would have been $2.05 but I had 40¢/gallon discount at Krogers) and then noticed a day or so later that everyone had raised their prices by 14-to-15¢/gallon.
                      Sort of. Last Sunday, the cheapest gas close to my house was $2.03/gal, but near church it was $1.99/gal. Yesterday, the cheapest gas close to me was still $2.03/gal, but near church it was $2.13/gal.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• It's starting to rise before every weekend. For two weeks in a row it was under $1.00/litre during the week but by Friday both weeks it rose by about .16/litre.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          It's starting to rise before every weekend. For two weeks in a row it was under $1.00/litre during the week but by Friday both weeks it rose by about .16/litre.
                          it's because of the holidays. Gas prices always go up around holidays because more people travel, and they can gouge more profit from people then. And people complain less if they ramp up the prices instead of just hitting them with a sudden jump in price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            it's because of the holidays. Gas prices always go up around holidays because more people travel, and they can gouge more profit from people then. And people complain less if they ramp up the prices instead of just hitting them with a sudden jump in price.
                            Here they blame the weather. People run their cars longer when it's cold. Except the weather has been relatively nice compared to other years. And the old supply and demand excuse because of the weather doesn't explain why it jumps so drastically on the weekends.

Oh, and .16/litre is not a ramp-up. It is highway (literally) robbery!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Here is Houston and Atlanta compared to National average (and each other, of course)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11222[/ATTACH]
                              We used to have cheap gas

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                We used to have cheap gas
                                Then we discovered....

beano.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X