Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 11/24/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 11/24/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Jesus, an invitation, a yoke, a classroom, and you…

“The next day there was a wedding celebration in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the celebration. The wine supply ran out during the festivities, so Jesus’ mother told him, “They have no more wine.” “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.”” (John 2:1–4, NLT)

“That’s not our problem.” I am sure that is a phrase you’ve heard many times over the years. Perhaps you’ve been its victim and know firsthand how devastating and lasting its sting can be. Running out of wine was probably not as upsetting as hearing and experiencing someone refer to you as insignificant. Yet just as Jesus out of respect for his mom and the wedding party made it his problem he makes your problems no matter how big or small his problems as well.

One of the most important verses in the bible illustrating Jesus’ desire to share in your problems is found in chapter 11 of Matthew. “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28–30, CEV) Three of the most important “elements” of what Jesus was saying are: “Come to me,” second, “Take the yoke I give you,” and third, “learn from me.”

Jesus loves to ask you. He doesn’t just expect you to come to him because when he invites you to come to him it’s one of the most intimate ways of saying I love you. By inviting you to come to him it’s his way personalizing his relationship with you and your relationship with him. “Come to me,” Jesus asks.

Last night on Facebook I watched a video someone posted where horses were yoked together and pulled a semi truck/tanker out of a snow bank in Pennsylvania. When we take Jesus up on his invitation and take our problems to him he places his yoke on us and suddenly our problems become his as well.

When we go to Jesus it’s not only like entering his world it’s also like entering his classroom. And in his classroom through the Holy Spirit he teaches you about what it means to love you, and all the ways Jesus loves you. When you enter Jesus’ classroom the Holy Spirit opens up the world of the scriptures and Jesus’ life comes alive in your life.

Jesus says, “I love you, step into my world and discover the Father’s blessings in your world.”

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X