Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: What art thou currently reading?

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What Would Jesus Drink? by Joel McDurmon
    Jesus and the Remains of His Day: Studies in Jesus and the Evidence of Material Culture by Craig A. Evans
    Shattered: inside Hillary Clinton's doomed campaign by Jonathan Allen
    Photius: The Bibliotheca trans. N. G. Wilson
    Ancillary Mercy and Ancillary Sword[/i] by Ann Leckie
    Dauntless by Jack Campbell - this was terrible; only got about half-way through it before giving up in disgust. Plot in a nutshell: Lost hero in suspended animation for 100 years is found, helps idiots who have been fighting a war with other idiots the whole time finally start winning.
    And Scripture Cannot Be Broken: The Form and Function of the Early Christian Testimonia Collections by Martin Albl
    Bandersnatch: C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and the Creative Collaboration of The Inklings by Diana Pavlac Glyer and James A. Owen
    Terms of Enlistment by Marko Kloos - pretty good; I enjoyed it enough to track down book 2.
    A Hitchhiker's Guide to Jesus: Reading the Gospels on the Ground by Bruce N. Fisk

Picking up from the library today:
    The discarded image; an introduction to medieval and Renaissance literature by C. S. Lewis
    Letters to Malcolm: chiefly on prayer. by C. S. Lewis
    All Hallows' Eve by Charles Williams
    Arthurian Torso - Containing the Posthumous Fragment of the Figure of Arthur by Charles Williams
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Life in China Before the Mongol Invasion: 1259 - 1275