Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What art thou currently reading?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm currently reading the latest post in the "What art thou currently reading"-thread on TWeb.

2. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I'm currently reading the latest post in the "What art thou currently reading"-thread on TWeb.

What a coincidence; so am I! I was disappointed though, since there was very little plot to speak of.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

4. Amen The Melody Maker, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Letters of St. Antony: Monasticism and the Making of a Saint by Samuel Rubenson (includes translations of his 7 surviving letters)
    The Night Land by William Hope Hodgson
    The Life and Letters of Theoleptos of Philadelphia by Angela C. Hero
    Common Roots: The Original Call to an Ancient-Future Faith by Robert E. Webber
    How Jesus Changed the World: An Illustrated Guide to the Undeniable Influence of Christ by Christopher D. Hudson
    Evagrius of Pontus: Talking Back (Antirrhetikos) - A Monastic Handbook for Combating Demons trans. David Brakke
    Following God Through Mark: Theological Tension in the Second Gospel by Ira Brent Driggers - contains some good insights, but the author is a little too eager to share a viewpoint no one has ever considered before; that's a red flag. He attempts to exegete Mark in isolation, and sets up a tension between Jesus' message requiring a free will response and God's direct manipulation of the disciples throughout.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    How Jesus Changed the World: An Illustrated Guide to the Undeniable Influence of Christ by Christopher D. Hudson
    This is pretty bad. It is obviously written from an American Reformed Baptist perspective, which makes it difficult at times for the author to extol Christianity throughout the ages. It is way light on references. It gets facts egregiously wrong (i.e., "ultimately, the East banned icons" and "during the Middle Ages, the pope and Roman Empire were closely intertwined"), and posts scripture verses in places rather out of context.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Crime and punishment. Webcomics. Lots o stuff.