Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What art thou currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I just recently finished the project of transferring my pile to bookshelves. It took 3 1/2 full height bookshelves from Wally World to fit it all. And I suddenly have less time to read than I used to.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• I used to have piles and piles of books but now most of my library has been converted to digital (text and audio) - Most of the stuff I read is old classic sci-fi from the 50s to the 90s and I was able to find most of them in e-book format for free and the rest I have been getting in Audiobook form from audible. The only physical books I currently have are my Star Trek manual and blue prints, some Christian apologetics books, and a few very favorite novels in print form.

Comment

• Finally got around to visiting the Public Library and grabbed four books that I've never read. I'm pretty excited!

Up to Bat: Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth, Tolkien, JRR
        On Deck: Tales from the Perilous Realm, Tolkien, JRR
        Next: No Man's Land, Tolkien, Simon
        Last: The Inheritance, Tolkien, Simon
        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

• Is God A Moral Monster- Paul Copan

Comment

• The Orthodox Church: An Introduction to its History, Doctrine, and Spiritual Culture by John A. McGuckin
            On the Dormition of Mary: Early Patristic Homilies trans. Brian J. Daley
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Did God Command Genocide-Paul Copan, Matt Flannagan

Comment

• What Would Jesus Really Eat? The Biblical Case for Eating Meat-Paul Copan, Wes Jamison

Comment

• The Mueller Report
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• CS Lewis - Letters to Malcolm, Chiefly on Prayer
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                      The Mueller Report
                      You ever finish it? Seriously, I'd rather reread Politics Among Nations - which is fascinating in its concepts but about the worst slog of a book I've ever even attempted to read.

Actually, if I ever DO finish this danged Mueller Report....
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        You ever finish it? Seriously, I'd rather reread Politics Among Nations - which is fascinating in its concepts but about the worst slog of a book I've ever even attempted to read.

Actually, if I ever DO finish this danged Mueller Report....
                        I'm on Volume II right now.
                        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                          I'm on Volume II right now.
                          You are either a really dedicated man - or a masochist.

The former, of course.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            CS Lewis - Letters to Malcolm, Chiefly on Prayer
                            Read that, um, about a year ago? I didn't think it was one of his better efforts, though I don't recall precisely why.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Can Science Explain Everything?
                              by John Lennox
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Kinnikuman.
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X