Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What art thou currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished reading the entire Obernewtyn Chronicles series by Isobelle Carmody.

I am now reading Five Views on Apologetics.
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Divine Commands and Moral Requirements by Philip L. Quinn.

Comment

• The Politics by Aristotle

Comment

• The Lost World of the Flood by Tremper Longman III and John Walton

Comment

• The latest from Phil Payne -- The Bible vs. Biblical Womanhood : How God's Word Consistently Affirms Gender Equality

Condenses and updates material from his first major book, Man and Woman, One in Christ, and goes well beyond the Pauline corpus.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Existence and Attributes of God Stephen Charnock.

Comment

• The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Comment

• Sabas, Leader of Palestinian Monasticism - A comparative Study in Eastern Monasticism Fourth to Seventh Centuries by Joseph Patrich
                  The Book of Theodicy - Translation and Commentary on the Book of Job by Saadiah Ben Joseph Al-Fayyumi Translated from the Arabic with a Philosophic Commentary by L. E. Goodman
                  St. John Chrysostom - Commentaries on the Sages Volume 1: Commentary on Job Trans. Robert Charles Hill
                  Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music? - Larry Norman and the Perils of Christian Rock by Gregory Thornbury
                  Sharing the Sacred - Contacts and Conflicts in the Holy Land First-Fifteenth Centuries CE by A. Kofsky and Guy G. Strousma
                  A Talent for War by Jack McDevitt
                  Lajja by Taslima Nasrin
                  A History of Private Life: From Pagan Rome to Byzantium Ed. Paul Veyne
                  Hiding in the Light: Why I Risked Everything to Leave Islam and Follow Jesus by Rifqa Bary
                  Cultures of the Jews: A New History Ed. David Biale
                  Tyndale's New Testament: A Modern Spelling Edition ed. David Daniell
                  The Commentary of Dionysius Bar Salibi on the Eucharist Trans. Baby Varghese
                  The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality by Kyriacos C. Markides
                  Mayflower: A Story of courage, Community, and War by Nathaniel Philbrick
                  The Starless Crown and The Cradle of Ice by James Rollins
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Finding Truth-Nancy Pearcy
                    Among The gods-John Currid

Comment

• Kingdom of the Cults-Walter Martin.

Comment

• Introduction to Christian Apologetics-Edward Dalcour

Comment

• Lord of Spirits by Andrew Stephen Damick
                          Assyria: the Rise and Fall of the World's First Empire by Eckart Frahm
                          Documents from Old Testament Times Ed. D. Winton Thomas

Kindle reads:
                          The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer
                          Flash Gold by Lindsay Buroker
                          Last Stand: The Complete Gunn & Salvo series by Joshua James
                          Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins: A Collected Trilogy by Randolph Lalonde
                          Gathering Clouds: A Tale of the Days of St. Chrysostom by Frederic William Farrar - this is about a century old

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Revealing the New Age Jesus: Challenges to Orthodox Views of Christ- Douglas Groothuis
                            Is Jesus the Messiah - A Judaism vs. Judaism debate-Ken Ammi
                            The Baha'i Faith's View of Christianity: An Independent Investigation-Ken Ammi
                            No Other God: A Response to Open Theism-John Frame

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X