Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson Grand Jury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    And these people wonder why the police "target" them? They act like animals. They destroy their own neighbor's businesses and steal from them.
    Yeah! Look at all these savage white people acting like animals and destroying their own neighbors' businesses!

No wonder the police tend to target th--oh, wait. They aren't frequently targeted.

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate the fact that I'm not a liberal, but this is why you're going to be called a racist. It's not just for the obviously racially-charged quip about low-hanging pants. It's rather difficult to not be racist when you're attempting to justify police officers targeting a group of people on the basis of race and calling them animal-like on that basis.
    Last edited by fm93; 11-26-2014, 08:46 AM.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      I don't know how many times I have to reiterate the fact that I'm not a liberal...
      If it walks like a duck...
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        If it walks like a duck...
        I don't know of any liberal duck that generally opposes abortion, is neutral on the issue of gun control and vehemently opposes Obama's executive war actions like I do.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

I don't know of any liberal duck that generally opposes abortion, is neutral on the issue of gun control and vehemently opposes Obama's executive war actions like I do.
          THERE IT IS!!!! "neutral on the issue of gun control". Somebody get a comfy chair!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah! Look at all these savage white people acting like animals and destroying their own neighbors' businesses!

No wonder the police tend to target th--oh, wait. They aren't frequently targeted.

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate the fact that I'm not a liberal, but this is why you're going to be called a racist. It's not just for the obviously racially-charged quip about low-hanging pants. It's rather difficult to not be racist when you're attempting to justify police officers targeting a group of people on the basis of race and calling them animal-like on that basis.
            It's not black vs white. It's law-abiding citizens vs thugs. No matter what race they are. My comment was about how can someone think that destroying their OWN property and neighborhood is teaching the "rich white man" anything about justice. The looters and rioters in Ferguson were worse criminals than Brown was. They are the ones who ruin the neighborhood. They are the ones who are hurting their own people. No matter what color they are. I saw whites and blacks on TV amongst the rioters in Ferguson. They are all thugs.

But you keep going on and defending their actions.

Comment

That kid in the middle is very obviously not white, first of all.

Second, the police were brought in in both San Francisco riots after both world series wins, so I'm not really sure what point you're trying to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                Second, the police were brought in in both San Francisco riots after both world series wins, so I'm not really sure what point you're trying to prove.
                That he's not a liberal.

Comment

Is this normal police work? No photos or forensic examination of the police officer at the scene?

After the shooting, the supervisor turns up and sends Wilson back to the police station where he washes the blood off.
                  Last edited by firstfloor; 11-26-2014, 09:45 AM.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Is this normal police work? No photos or forensic examination at the scene?
                    Got a cite for that?

After the shooting, the supervisor turn up and sends Wilson back to the police station where he washes the blood off.
                    Yes, he should be wearing the blood even today.

FORTUNATELY for Wison, there was enough blood and DNA inside the patrol vehicle to support his version of the incident where a struggle over his duty weapon took place INSIDE the patrol vehicle.

Comment

I don't know of any liberal duck that generally opposes abortion
                      Actually liberals often say that they are basically against abortion. That they want to make it rare.

is neutral on the issue of gun control
                      Not sure exactly what "neutral on the issue of gun control" means. Are you also "neutral" on free speech? Freedom of religion? How about on unlawful searches and seizures or trial by jury? Perhaps you should explain further.

and vehemently opposes Obama's executive war actions like I do.
                      Oh I know a few self-identified liberals who also feel that way. But they bite their tongues because its Obama. It reminds me of when the celebutard Janeane Garofalo was asked why wasn't there anyone out protesting Bill Clinton's military actions like they had George H.W. Bush's and she responded that "It just wasn't cool to protest Clinton's wars."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, he should be wearing the blood even today.
                        I would have thought that opportunities to gather evidence would not be passed up so easily. Not saying that is suspicious but it looks quite careless.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I would have thought that opportunities to gather evidence would not be passed up so easily. Not saying that is suspicious but it looks quite careless.
                          It took me all of THREE SECONDS to find this...

scene.jpg
                          door.jpg
                          road.jpg

But I'm not the least bit surprised that your prejudice keeps you from finding the truth.

Comment

But I'm not the least bit surprised that your prejudice keeps you from finding the truth.
                            Now you’re being silly. I was simply asking if that was normal. Man at scene with blood on him is told to go and wash up. Suppose it was the other way around. Dead policeman, black guy covered in blood. Would he have been told to wash up? No. I don’t think so. Do you see the problem?

Comment

Now you’re being silly.
                              Responding in kind.

I was simply asking if that was normal. Man at scene with blood on him is told to go and wash up.
                              Ummmm.... have you ever noticed that when first responders EXPECT that they'll encounter bodily fluids, including blood, they wear GLOVES?

Suppose it was the other way around. Dead policeman, black guy covered in blood. Would he have been told to wash up?
                              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

How can a dead policeman go wash up?

No. I don’t think so. Do you see the problem?
                              Every time you post, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It's not black vs white. It's law-abiding citizens vs thugs. No matter what race they are. My comment was about how can someone think that destroying their OWN property and neighborhood is teaching the "rich white man" anything about justice. The looters and rioters in Ferguson were worse criminals than Brown was. They are the ones who ruin the neighborhood. They are the ones who are hurting their own people. No matter what color they are. I saw whites and blacks on TV amongst the rioters in Ferguson. They are all thugs.
                                You said in the previous post "These people wonder why the police target them. They act like animals." The pronoun "they" sure doesn't seem to be referring to anyone but African-American folks, as white folks aren't the ones believing that the police tend to target them.

Additionally, the most common slogans I'm hearing are "No justice, no peace" and "Black lives matter." Their motive apparently isn't to "teach" the authorities about justice so much as demand it.

But you keep going on and defending their actions.
                                No. I don't support the looting or burning of buildings and police cars. But it's important to keep in mind that many (most) protesters weren't doing either. They shouldn't be conflated.

Comment