Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

No, I haven't forgotten ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    The Truth IS there if you will genuinely seek.
    I think we greatly underestimate how good an education needs to be before people drop the apparently obvious concept that the sun revolves about the earth to take up the much less obvious understanding that the earth spins in space. And it is exactly the same with many other ideas that have been taught to us by science like plate tectonics and the age of rocks and fossil fuels. They are definitely not obvious. But you would not be able to land a spacecraft on a comet unless the method of discovery that you use is providing a true description of reality. It cannot be done by guessing.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 11-28-2014, 04:20 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

In this skit I'm very well represented by the Asian "expert" and the rest of the group are those certain TWebber "science" representatives/speakers that I alluded to.
      Yeah, just like you are the "expert" on meteor / asteroid impacts, star formation, the fossil record, C14 dating.

Comment

...you cannot make things true just by wishing them to be so. ...
        But we do have those experiments and observations Jorge:-

Experimental evolution. Testing Darwin regarding the origin of multicellularity.

"The emerging principles of regulatory evolution"

Dinosaur to bird tail transition. Testing the theory. Genetics and the fossil record.

“DeNovo Origin of Human Protein-Coding Genes” or How Some New Genes Come About.

As you showed on the one or two threads you briefly commented on, the best you had on offer was to tell me that I'm wrong and your reasons for this were nothing but rants.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
          But we do have those experiments and observations Jorge:-

Experimental evolution. Testing Darwin regarding the origin of multicellularity.

"The emerging principles of regulatory evolution"

Dinosaur to bird tail transition. Testing the theory. Genetics and the fossil record.

“DeNovo Origin of Human Protein-Coding Genes” or How Some New Genes Come About.

As you showed on the one or two threads you briefly commented on, the best you had on offer was to tell me that I'm wrong and your reasons for this were nothing but rants.
          You et al. need to watch that 7.5-minute skit a few times. Focus on the facial expressions of the Asian guy - they're not only priceless but they exactly mimic my own expressions after I've read the posts of 'certain' TWEbbers - such as some of the posts above. Beagle Boy, just to cite one example, has left me dazed and bedaffled in utter disbelief on many an occasion. It's also clear that he is getting worse with age - pray for him (not that I think it'll help).

Jorge

Comment

... Focus on the facial expressions of the Asian guy - they're not only priceless but they exactly mimic my own expressions after I've read the posts ...
            So, how does the fact that you pull certain facial expressions on reading those essays mean that the essays are crap? How does the fact that you pull certain facial expressions on reading various posts mean that the posts are crap?

I just read your post and made the same expression. Therefore we can both conclude that you just wrote some nonsense, right Jorge?
            Last edited by rwatts; 11-28-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Roland,

Bear in mind, fax is knot Jorge's forte.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                Roland,

K54
                I continue to hope that Jorge might pray for himself one day, pray that he might be granted the ability to actually address the points posters do make to him.

Should it happen, then it would be a blessed relief for us all, and Jorge might actually learn something.

Then we could all go and take Jorge to the pub and

Naturally, because Jorge only drinks water, he would be the one on the left. I would be the one on the right.
                Last edited by rwatts; 11-28-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

So, how does the fact that you pull certain facial expressions on reading those essays mean that the essays are crap? How does the fact that you pull certain facial expressions on reading various posts mean that the posts are crap?

I just read your post and made the same expression. Therefore we can both conclude that you just wrote some nonsense, right Jorge?
                  Nope! The facial expressions must be justifiable - mine are, yours aren't.
                  Needless to say, you will not agree with that statement so just leave it alone.
                  Suffice it to say that I have many years of dealing with you and others here
                  on TWeb. My claims of being justified are amply supported. In your case,
                  you're just a Faithful Religious Fanatic that thinks he's based on "pure science".

Jorge

Comment

I continue to hope that Jorge might pray for himself one day, pray that he might be granted the ability to actually address the points posters do make to him.

Should it happen, then it would be a blessed relief for us all, and Jorge might actually learn something.

Then we could all go and take Jorge to the pub and

Naturally, because Jorge only drinks water, he would be the one on the left. I would be the one on the right.
                    I will never cease to be astonished at the projection exhibited by you people.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      Roland,

K54
                      Hey, Santa Klaus, shouldn't you be getting ready for ....................

Oops, my bad, I was thinking of the OTHER Santa

Jorge

Comment

Nope! The facial expressions must be justifiable - mine are, yours aren't.
                        Wow! Jorge has discovered a whole new logical fallacy, which can be summed up as 'You are wrong because I made a funny face'.

I'm going to call it Argumentum ad gurning.

I've added it to the fallacies discussion page on Wikipedia, and forwarded it to FSTDT as well.

Jorge will be famous!

Roy
                        Last edited by Roy; 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I will never cease to be astonished at the projection exhibited by you people.

Jorge
                          Several of us did discuss Gitt's first law of information here:-

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...of-Information

I believe you had a hand in all this.

You will note that, while there was some "mouthing off", we often raised what we thought were valid points against it, and explained why we thought our arguments were reasonable.

I've yet to see you criticise any of my essays beyond offering something that goes as follows (me paraphrasing) - "Roland, your essays are silly because they are nonsense. You idiots simply don't understand because you are blind to the faith of evolution."

It does not ever get beyond that.

So your accusation of "projection" is simply silly.
                          Last edited by rwatts; 11-29-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Nope, I have not forgotten the guys and gals here at TWeb. I'm on 'vacation' from this place because I just couldn't take "it" any longer. By "it" I mean the ever-pervasive lunacy of certain TWebbers (they know who they are) who believe -- and want others to believe -- that they speak "science" when in fact they are merely promoting their Faith. And since their Faith is actually unadulterated nonsense ... there you go!
                            You mean that you couldn't take people proving you wrong all the time. Don't worry, I understand how damaging that must be for your ego.

Signed,
                            One of those 'ever-pervasive lunacy' Twebbers
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              You mean that you couldn't take people proving you wrong all the time. Don't worry, I understand how damaging that must be for your ego.

Signed,
                              Someone in the same boat, who reacts the same way you do.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
                                Someone in the same boat, who reacts the same way you do.
                                More unintended irony there phank? You say stupid things about religion all the time and often are compared to an atheist version of Jorge. Keep digging though; Europe isn't far off.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment