Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is God Immoral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Have you ever tried to reason with a donkey!?
    Balaam conversed with one without hesitation. Does that ever give you pause?

Comment

Originally posted by Enjolras View Post
      1 Samuel 15:3 'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

I'm sure the children and infants deserved to die, but what do suppose the donkeys did?
      That's what you call WRATH.
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
        Innocent children die and go straight to heaven.
        A lame pro-abort argument. Try again.

how is that worse than being an ANE child allowed to grow up and lose innocence sacrificing innocent children
        Are you actually saying translating children to heaven by killing them is better than allowing them to live in a reprobate culture?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          And if you look at the bloodshed, it's mostly generated by people who hold to dopey tribal views or religion of some kind. Even North Korea is steeped in a quasi-religious belief that''s strongly enforced. Spinoza and Paine would have none of that. Name a culture based on the principles of Spinoza and Paine that sheds blood like the tribalists/religionists/occultists do.
          Nonsense, Communists are not quasi-religious - they are atheists, and totalitarian. But what you are describing above is simply the nature of man. And again, for there to be progression we must be moving from something to something. But there is no objective moral standard to move towards.

And yet that same God mandated babies stabbed with spears, hence your cognitive dissonance.
          Yes...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That's what you call ANTHROPOMORPHIC TWADDLE.

Comment

All the more reason why the Midian campaign generates friction in your brain. You use the same justifications as pro-aborts and expect me not to laugh?
              No Whag you said: Not even the most rabid atheists side with sacrificing babies: That is just false, there some very smart, university educated atheist who justify the killing of newborns. And they certainly justify the killing of unborn babies. And I suspect you would support both.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Nonsense, Communists are not quasi-religious - they are atheists, and totalitarian. But what you are describing above is simply the nature of man. And again, for there to be progression we must be moving from something to something. But there is no objective moral standard to move towards.
                Stalin and Un use the same methods of their theocratic forbears to obtain obedience. In fact Un believes he is supernaturally descended and enforces a strict "worship me" rule. You bet your tuchus that's quasi religious. What's funny is you think the science of evolution is a "religion" but those despots irreligious.

Yes...
                I don't know what this means. Are you admitting to experiencing cognitive dissonance re: Jesus mandating infanticide?

Comment

Balaam conversed with one without hesitation. Does that ever give you pause?
                  No... God can give an ass the ability to talk - just look at you! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Comment

No Whag you said: Not even the most rabid atheists side with sacrificing babies: That is just false, there some very smart, university educated atheist who justify the killing of newborns. And they certainly justify the killing of unborn babies. And I suspect you would support both.
                    You're conflating the issue of reproductive control--which your side has completely bungled--with sacrifice. A zygote is not a baby. Partial birth abortions aren't propitiations by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said, your justifications of biblical genocide precisely mirror that of the most rabid pro-abort.

Comment

Stalin and Un use the same methods of their theocratic forbears to obtain obedience. In fact Un believes he is supernaturally descended and enforces a strict "worship me" rule. You bet your tuchus that's quasi religious. What's funny is you think the science of evolution is a "religion" but those despots irreligious.
                      What are you talking about. The Communists were atheists, and acted like all other despots. Deal with it.

Comment

Nothing deserves the wrath of a God like an baby. Crying and babbling all the time. Makes you sick. Oh, and donkeys. They are known to be so dang stubborn.

Comment

No... God can give an ass the ability to talk - just look at you! Sorry, I couldn't resist!
                          I'm used to Christians showing less restraint than skeptics. You're forgiven.

Comment

I think now you're beginning to see why defending OT atrocities is a waste of time. If you're not even convinced, how do you expect others to be convinced?
                            There were no atrocities in the OT. What we see there are things that we are not able to really understand. Things that we would find horrible if done by fallible humans. We are not really able to fully understand no matter how they are explained, or explained away.

Let me tell you a story. My dad took me to the doctor once when I was small. We went to get a smallpox vaccination (yeah, a long time ago). When I realized what was happening I was horrified. This doctor I had trusted was hurting me, as my dad was letting him do it. It was horrible until later when he, my dad, explained what and why. Eventually we may understand the things that seem so horrible. Or maybe not. I trust my Dad however.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

You're conflating the issue of reproductive control--which your side has completely bungled--with sacrifice. A zygote is not a baby. Partial birth abortions aren't propitiations by any stretch of the imagination.
                              See you do support the killing of unborn human beings. And bet you would support the killing of the just born just like the atheist professors I quoted.

Comment

You mean like babies in the womb sacrificed to personal convenience. And there are prominent atheists suggesting that we should be able to kill just born babies for any reason whatsoever.
                                This is far more evil that the "atrocities" of the OT. The same folks who holler foul at the latter, approve the former.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment