Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 01/29/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 01/29/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    The Supremacy of Jesus…

Christ is Supreme…
    “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.” (Colossians 1:15–20, NLT)

The LORD’s Chosen Servant…
    “Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged.” (Isaiah 42:1–3, NLT)

The Supremacy of Jesus at least for me is not wrapped up in his Grandeur as the “visible image of the invisible God,” nor because “through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth.” For me Jesus’ Supremacy is wrapped up in his ability to “not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle.” It is during the times when my life has been bent and nearly broken when Jesus has lovingly and delicately held me upright with the Holy Spirit. When the winds of life have nearly blown out the flickering flames of hope but through the Holy Spirit God’s breath gave new life to the flames of hope. It has been through those times when Jesus has become a living witness to a loving, caring, compassionate, and forgiving God each and every one of us needs every day of our lives.

The Jesus of Colossians 1:15–20 is real to me because the Jesus Isaiah 42:1–3 first blessed my life and opened the eyes of my heart to the Grandeur of Jesus as the “visible image of the invisible God,” and “through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth”

There are times when in order to experience the God of the heavens we first need to experience Jesus in our hearts.

Grace and PEACE!
    Believe it! Experience it!
    Gary

“He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged.” (Isaiah 42:3, NLT
    )

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X