Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

American evangelicals vs. American religious Jews on Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American evangelicals vs. American religious Jews on Israel

A Pew research poll has determined that far more American evangelicals believe that God gave Israel to the Jews than American Jews. Even if you only count Jews who believe in God (since obviously all evangelicals believe in God), it's still 27 percentage points higher for evangelicals.

No agenda here, just found this interesting.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...nt=buffer7f356

I see one problem with the study, though. There seems to be ambiguity over whether it's asking if God ever gave Israel to the Jews (from a Christian perspective, undeniably yes) or whether God gave the Jews this land for perpetuity. Many Christians believe that the Jews forfeited their end of the bargain at the time of the exile and that the promise does not hold today, and the study should have been more specific which question was in mind.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

CP, as someone who has been involved with the Home School movement, would you have a problem with requiring the same "testing" required by Public Schools?

It seems there should be an easy compromise that would be ok with both sides...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        CP, as someone who has been involved with the Home School movement, would you have a problem with requiring the same "testing" required by Public Schools?

It seems there should be an easy compromise that would be ok with both sides...
        Wow... I just posted a long response to this, then it blanked out right before my eyes, and .... is this post in the right thread? That was like the TWILIGHT ZONE!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          A Pew research poll has determined that far more American evangelicals believe that God gave Israel to the Jews than American Jews. Even if you only count Jews who believe in God (since obviously all evangelicals believe in God), it's still 27 percentage points higher for evangelicals.

No agenda here, just found this interesting.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...nt=buffer7f356

I see one problem with the study, though. There seems to be ambiguity over whether it's asking if God ever gave Israel to the Jews (from a Christian perspective, undeniably yes) or whether God gave the Jews this land for perpetuity. Many Christians believe that the Jews forfeited their end of the bargain at the time of the exile and that the promise does not hold today, and the study should have been more specific which question was in mind.
          I've posted about this before:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...nts-popularity

The bigger takeaway is that while Evangelical Christians are enamored with Jews Jews don't think any better of them than they do of guys who blow themselves up in their coffee shops.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Wow... I just posted a long response to this, then it blanked out right before my eyes, and .... is this post in the right thread? That was like the TWILIGHT ZONE!
            I thought I was in a different thread...I don't remember posting in this thread...???
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              I thought I was in a different thread...I don't remember posting in this thread...???
              Laughing... maybe we went through a weird storm like the USS Nimitz did taking it back to WWII!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Lazarus Form Recovery is your friend.

http://getlazarus.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Lazarus Form Recovery is your friend.

http://getlazarus.com/download
                  Interesting!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X