Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

Does anybody know who the 144,000 are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
    The JWs believe Christ was not physically resurrected.
    The physical resurrection of the saints. He didn't think we would be living in a physical universe.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Huh? Sorry, I don't follow.
      O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

Huh? Sorry, I don't follow.
        I wasn't refering to Jesus' resurrection body. I know that Paul's argument means that denying any physical resurrection of the dead would include Jesus, but I doubt the website guy was thinking that far ahead. Seemed like a reaction to JW theology.

Comment

Oh, yeah. That was a quote from one of the Watchtower books. The JWs believe the Saints will have spiritual bodies as well, but they'll mostly be living on a Paradise Earth. They also explain things like how Thomas was able to touch His wounds as Jesus assuming a throw-away physical body.

It reaches Ptolemaic levels of complexity.
          O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

Comment

Oh, yeah. That was a quote from one of the Watchtower books. The JWs believe the Saints will have spiritual bodies as well, but they'll mostly be living on a Paradise Earth. They also explain things like how Thomas was able to touch His wounds as Jesus assuming a throw-away physical body.

It reaches Ptolemaic levels of complexity.
            So the ex-JW was wrong about both JW and Christian views of heaven? Maybe I should find the link...

Comment

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earth-forever.php#L3
              http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earth-forever.php
              And he thinks that entropy would somehow be a problem...
              hint: the universe also gets renewed!
              Last edited by Christianbookworm; 12-03-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Huh.

He does raise some interesting points I hadn't thought of before such as the whole population thing. I guess it depends on whether there's different physical laws or not. And I don't think he gave good reasons why God can't just sustain the earth. Really, when we're talking about the renewal of creation, all bets are off.

Comment

Huh.

He does raise some interesting points I hadn't thought of before such as the whole population thing. I guess it depends on whether there's different physical laws or not. And I don't think he gave good reasons why God can't just sustain the earth. Really, when we're talking about the renewal of creation, all bets are off.
                  Indeed. Is there a quota for major divine miracles?

Comment

If the New Earth is to replace this one, what's the stop the new earth from becoming unsuitable? Will there then be a New New Earth?

Comment

If the New Earth is to replace this one, what's the stop the new earth from becoming unsuitable?
                      Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-03-2014, 09:10 AM.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

God sustaining the universe to the point of reducing entropy to null?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          God sustaining the universe to the point of reducing entropy to null?
                          I'm still marveling at the jargon!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Entropy only applies to a closed system, so if God is constantly adding energy it would be effectively canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              It is warm Christlike admonitions like this that restore my hope in the future of Christianity.
                              You think?
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by apostoli View Post
                                Where did you get such a ignorant, stupid idea. Via my ex-wife I had over 20 years experience with the JWs and never did I hear such a stupidity. Of course you can take issue with the apostle Paul and scripture!!! (try reading Romans 6; 1 Cor 15). I suffer in my current body numerous disabilities, so no way do I want to be resurrected in my current state!!! Under the Christian hope/promise (via A.Paul) I am gauranted that "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption"

Good idea if you read scripture and poke your head out of your colon inspection occasionally.
                                You are the one with the head in the wrong place. Kelp was not making the statement of his belief but of that of JWs. JWs do indeed deny the physical resurrection of the body of Jesus. According to them He was raised not with a glorified body, but a spiritual one. His physical body is preserved from decay in some undisclosed location. Kelp was not making the statement of his belief but of that of JWs.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X