Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

My Wife Can't Keep Her Doctor. Period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Come on up to Canada, fellers!

Most stuff is free, if you don't mind waiting months, (or even years, depending on procedure needed), for appointments and treatments!
    Let's just hope you live long enough to make your appointment.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      If they have a serious problem and have to wait for an appointment, they just pop them in snowbank to preserve them til they can treat them.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Exactly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I just got a letter from my insurance company that a drug I have been on for over 6 years is now off of their approved list and if I really need it my doctor has to call for approval.
          Yeah, letters.... My Family's Health Plan Was Cancelled And ObamaCare's One-Size-Fits-All Doesn't Fit Us

Source: Forbes

It finally arrived – the letter from my health insurance company announcing that my family will be moved to a new plan beginning January 1, that “meets all of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act” . . . for a mere $500 more a month.

I knew this was coming. Golden Rule has been sending me “warning” letters for months now. But really I’ve known this was coming for much longer – ever since Congress created the government-run, one-size-fits-all system known as ObamaCare. And I’ve watched as millions of others – like those on MyCancellation.com – have gone through the same ordeal of losing plans they liked and could afford.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just to be clear: I know the definition of "right" I use here is not the technical definition, but I think given the luxury of our society and the extreme income inequality, it's worth giving up some of the excess luxury to take care of the others. (Sort of like how some of the things listed in the Constitution are not necessarily human rights per se but our nation has decided to grant them as a right.) As JPH noted in the other thread, Christians should be doing this, but they are not to the extent that our society needs.

I don't think I'm lazy, by the way. I work two jobs and come home exhausted every day. Neither job insures me, and all I would really like is the opportunity to buy basic health insurance at a reasonable cost. I am grateful to have that opportunity at last.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Just to be clear: I know the definition of "right" I use here is not the technical definition, but I think given the luxury of our society and the extreme income inequality, it's worth giving up some of the excess luxury to take care of the others. (Sort of like how some of the things listed in the Constitution are not necessarily human rights per se but our nation has decided to grant them as a right.) As JPH noted in the other thread, Christians should be doing this, but they are not to the extent that our society needs.

I don't think I'm lazy, by the way. I work two jobs and come home exhausted every day. Neither job insures me, and all I would really like is the opportunity to buy basic health insurance at a reasonable cost. I am grateful to have that opportunity at last.
              I never figured you as lazy.

Comment

Two questions:

1) Is your basic health insurance at a reasonable cost worth it if you can't find a doctor to provide the service?

2) How much were other people unreasonably forced to give up so that you could have basic insurance at a reasonable cost?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the argument that Obamacare is the "Christian" solution. Here's the problem with Obamacare in a nutshell:

Insure more people
                Reduce costs
                Improve the quality of healthcare

Pick two. Although in the case of Obamacare, pick one.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hey Cow Poke, do you happen to know what general part or parts of Obamacare that created the specific problems you outlined? I didn't know it could have that effect.

Comment

I don't think that poor people have a right to the possessions of rich people (or vice versa), including money. How does income inequality change that?

I agree that Christians should be helping more. It would help if some of my money was not going towards things like paying farmers not to grow crops and paving roads in Afghanistan.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      Hey Cow Poke, do you happen to know what general part or parts of Obamacare that created the specific problems you outlined? I didn't know it could have that effect.
                      No, I don't. I only know my Doctor sincerely believes Obamacare is driving him out of business and destroying his practice. I have no reason to doubt him.

Comment

It goes over like a lead balloon with me for sure. "The mass wealth of our nation?" We have a deficit of 18 trillion dollars and going deeper in debt every day. Where is that "mass wealth of our nation?"
                        In 2012, Americans supposedly spent $2.6 billion on online gambling. That might be one place to start looking for it. I think that might buy quite a lot of cancer drugs.

I think the whole ACA setup is a disaster too. But as I like to say, the church could have kept Obamacare from happening just by doing what it was supposed to be doing.

Instead, for example, Florida's "Christian" governor:

1) opposes Obamacare and the Medicaid expansion (er wait...he flip flopped, now he supports the latter...never mind)
                        2) has $132 million in personal wealth
                        3) gave less than $100K to charity in the last recorded year (most of it in the form of an art collection)
                        4) takes advantage of his ability as a state employee who is also an elected official to have health insurance for about $8 a month (most state employees here pay at least $200 a month)

We won't have the authority to speak in moral terms about these issues as long as leaders like this one are who we support for public office.
                        Last edited by jpholding; 12-04-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          The obamacare legislation is to large and unwieldy that no one can really understand it. Parts have to be pulled out and interpreted on their own. Without any meaningful reference to the law. No one can really answer that question.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I don't think that poor people have a right to the possessions of rich people (or vice versa), including money. How does income inequality change that?

I agree that Christians should be helping more. It would help if some of my money was not going towards things like paying farmers not to grow crops and paving roads in Afghanistan.
                            And paying ISIS to wreak destruction on the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                              In 2012, Americans supposedly spent $2.6 billion on online gambling. That might be one place to start looking for it. I think that might buy quite a lot of cancer drugs.
                              Good luck dealing with that. On line just makes it easier for folks. Gambling will never stop.

How about 8 billion per year on cosmetics, 17 billion on pet food, 12 billion on perfume. We waste a huge amount of money that could be better used elsewhere.

I think the whole ACA setup is a disaster too. But as I like to say, the church could have kept Obamacare from happening just by doing what it was supposed to be doing.
                              Very possible. Some churches do a lot, but many do very little.

We won't have the authority to speak in moral terms about these issues as long as leaders like this one are who we support for public office.
                              Not all of us vote for scum like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Two questions:

1) Is your basic health insurance at a reasonable cost worth it if you can't find a doctor to provide the service?

2) How much were other people unreasonably forced to give up so that you could have basic insurance at a reasonable cost?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the argument that Obamacare is the "Christian" solution. Here's the problem with Obamacare in a nutshell:

Insure more people
                                Reduce costs
                                Improve the quality of healthcare

Pick two. Although in the case of Obamacare, pick one.
                                To be clear, I have never suggested that Obamacare is the "Christian solution". It is what it is.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment