Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The ten commandments and being saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ten commandments and being saved

Must you observe to keep the 10 commandments {including the sabbath} in order to be saved to the kingdom?

No
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Are ya sure Bill?

LUKE 4 [14] And JESUS returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.[15] And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.[16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, AS HIS CUSTOM WAS, he WENT INTO THE SYNAGOGUE ON THE SABBATH DAY, and stood up for to read.

JESUS kept the sabbath

ACTS 17 [2] AND PAUL, AS HIS MANNER WAS, went in unto them, and three SABBATH DAYS reasoned with them out of the scriptures,[3] Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

PAUL kept the sabbath

ACTS 13 [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, THE GENTILES besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.[43] Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.[44] And THE NEXT SABBATH DAY CAME ALMOST THE WHOLE CITY TOGETHER TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD.

GENTILES come together on the sabbath to hear the WORD.

Comment

Originally posted by IwreckNsow View Post
        Are ya sure Bill?.
        Positive. Paul says in Romans 7 that the knowledge of the Law was what made sin come alive in him, but grace is what made him alive in Christ. If the 10 commandments were necessary for our salvation, then those before they were given were not saved. But I think that you know what Hebrews 11 says about those who are in faith, even before the Covenant at Sinai was established.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          No
          yeah!

I mean... Yeah, "no"!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
                Yes Cow Poke. Jesus did make the sabbath for man. So why would man turn his back on Jesus and try to create a different day of rest. Dont make sence to me. Jesus also said He was Lord of the sabbath day

Comment

Yes Cow Poke. Jesus did make the sabbath for man. So why would man turn his back on Jesus and try to create a different day of rest. Dont make sence to me. Jesus also said He was Lord of the sabbath day
                  Are you Seventh Day Adventist?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Are you Seventh Day Adventist?
                    Nope. Dont know what label you might put me under. Read along time ago in the bible that the whole world would be decieved, so i threw out all i heard and all i was told and started studying the bible on my own. I was very surprised at what i found.

Comment

Sense. Not sence.

Comment

Nope. Dont know what label you might put me under. Read along time ago in the bible that the whole world would be decieved, so i threw out all i heard and all i was told and started studying the bible on my own. I was very surprised at what i found.
                        Ah, one of THOSE!

Comment

Comment

Great. Unless you're an expert in a multitude of relevant fields(sociology, ancient Hebrew, linguistics, psychology, Koine Greek, literary criticism, history, etc.), that is a really bad idea. We're talking about a collection of documents from a different time and culture totally different from 21st century USA.
                            Last edited by Christianbookworm; 12-04-2014, 09:38 PM.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Sense. Not sence.
                              If yer gonna correct all my spellin.....yule be a busy man

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X