Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chick-fil-A gives free food to drivers stranded in snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-fil-A gives free food to drivers stranded in snow

Originally posted by Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers
    A number of motorists who had to abandon their vehicles in the snow on Highway 280 outside of Birmingham, Ala. were able to find shelter in the storm thanks to the kindness and generosity of Chick-fil-A restaurant employees and the restaurant's owner, Mark Meadows.

Once the snow started accumulating, Meadows closed the restaurant and sent his staff home. But a few hours later, many of them returned – unable to get to their homes.

“Our store is about a mile and a half from the interstate and it took me two hours to get there,” manager Audrey Pitt said. “It was a parking lot as far as I could see.”

So Pitt left her car on the side of the interstate and joined a flock of bundled up drivers trudging through the snow.

Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours without any food or water. So the staff of the Chick-fil-A decided to lend a helping hand.

“We cooked several hundred sandwiches and stood out on both sides of 280 and handed out the sandwiches to anyone we could get to – as long as we had food to give out.”

The staffers braved the falling snow and ice and Chick-fil-A refused to take a single penny for their sandwiches.

The meal was a gift – no strings attached.

Source
    A franchise of that evil, hate-filled company Chick-fil-A gave out free food and drinks to those in need. Obviously they must have had some diabolical ulterior motive. The manager explains the malevolent plot

“This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you’re worried about money or profit,” Pitts says. “We were just trying to follow the model that we've all worked under for so long and the model that we've come to love. There was really nothing else we could have done but try to help people any way we could.”
    The fiends.

What's more the report concludes that the store opened up their dining room to anyone who wanted to sleep on a bench or a booth.

When will this depravity ever end?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

This thread makes me hungry.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

We should boycott them! The audacity to use free food as a an obvious ploy to proselytize! If they really cared about people they would have let them freeze!

Comment

And apparently they're at it again this morning! Giving away free chicken biscuits to those in need. The (word for illegitimate children)

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

OOh they make me so very angry!!!!

Comment

My sarcasm meter just blew up from y'all's comments!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I concur. Y'all's comments were indeed filled with amusement, wit and a good balance of the use of irony intended to mock

Comment

Rogue, I notice your source for this information is not mainstream. Gee, I wonder why that is?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It says "Fox News"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    It says "Fox News"
                    Yeah, I realized that right after I posted it. There's another one for the "dumb post" category.

Comment

I'm going to go to Chick-fil-A as soon as the county thaws out! And invite all my friends (okay, that's easy - short list).
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sadly, there are no Chick-fil-A's in my state.

Comment

I told my Chick-Fil-A story on the BC* Tweb, but that won't stop me from telling it again...

I had some workers at my house taking down trees I lost in the drought. I decided to buy them lunch, so I went to Chick-Fil-A and ordered a half dozen Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. When I got to the window to pay, the lady informed me that my food was already paid for, and she pointed to the vehicle that had been in front of me, driving off down the highway. When I posted that on facebook, I discovered a lot of other people had similar stories! And from all over the country, so it wasn't the same guy!

Next time I went to Chick-Fil-A, when I ordered my food, I told the lady, "and add the car behind me to my order". She didn't seem the least bit surprised, cause that apparently happens a lot. Chick-Fil-A just kinda fosters that kind of spirit!

*Before Crash
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just what we need, more fat people.
                            "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Originally posted by Soyeong View Post
                              Just what we need, more fat people.
                              Exactly! Let 'em freeze in the snow like nature intended.

Comment