Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chick-fil-A gives free food to drivers stranded in snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I told my Chick-Fil-A story on the BC* Tweb, but that won't stop me from telling it again...

I had some workers at my house taking down trees I lost in the drought. I decided to buy them lunch, so I went to Chick-Fil-A and ordered a half dozen Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. When I got to the window to pay, the lady informed me that my food was already paid for, and she pointed to the vehicle that had been in front of me, driving off down the highway. When I posted that on facebook, I discovered a lot of other people had similar stories! And from all over the country, so it wasn't the same guy!

Next time I went to Chick-Fil-A, when I ordered my food, I told the lady, "and add the car behind me to my order". She didn't seem the least bit surprised, cause that apparently happens a lot. Chick-Fil-A just kinda fosters that kind of spirit!

*Before Crash
    A local Christian radio station, 98.5 KTIS, actively encourages people to do that, especially on the first Friday of each month. They call it the Drive-Thru Difference. They often have people call in to express the difference it made in their lives.

http://myktis.com/drive-thru-difference/
    Last edited by Soyeong; 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM.
    "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

I can only applaud Chik-fil-A for doing this. I sincerely hope they aren't the only ones. This action is considerate, thoughtful, welcome, helpful, and a VERY good business practice. My heartfelt thanks go out to Chik-fil-A for doing this. Good on you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
        I can only applaud Chik-fil-A for doing this. I sincerely hope they aren't the only ones. This action is considerate, thoughtful, welcome, helpful, and a VERY good business practice. My heartfelt thanks go out to Chik-fil-A for doing this. Good on you guys!
        Glad to report that there were other businesses that helped folks out during the snowstorm. According to Reuters CVS, Home Depot, Target, Krogers and Publix all allowed stranded motorists to spend the night (with the latter two, being grocery stores, offering free food as well). RaceTrac was giving people coffee and hot chocolate. Still I think that Chick-fil-A deserves special mention considering that unlike the others which assisted those that came to them, they went out into the cold and helped those that they found.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Still I think that Chick-fil-A deserves special mention considering that unlike the others which assisted those that came to them, they went out into the cold and helped those that they found.
          I agree. I know that the national guard also went out to help people. Any others?

Comment

The CFA in my town gave free food to the snowplow drivers tonight (we've had over a foot of snow).
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

This is gay.

Comment

I hope you mean happy.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Chick-Fil-A keeps sending me free food.

Last week and again today, some delivery driver (two different drivers actually) have dropped off Chick-Fil-A at my door. I called the store and they said it was probably Door Dash delivery service and they don't have any control over it but they would call them.

Seeing as I am being extra cautious, I threw the food in the trash. I am not taking any chances.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 04-10-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Chick-Fil-A keeps sending me free food.

Last week and again today, some delivery driver (two different drivers actually) have dropped off Chick-Fil-A at my door. I called the store and they said it was probably Door Dash delivery service and they don't have any control over it but they would call them.

Seeing as I am being extra cautious, I threw the food in the trash. I am not taking any chances.
                    That's wise. If it happens again I suggest you have the food tested...somebody may be up something bad.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      That's wise. If it happens again I suggest you have the food tested...somebody may be up something bad.
                      pretty sure it is just the wrong address, but I am not taking chances on any food from outside. I don't know anything about the people who prepared it or the delivery driver.

Comment

Putting this on my door for next week.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment