Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Am i a scribe? A pharisee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i a scribe? A pharisee?

Ive known what the WORD of God has said for some time now. Have i followed the WORD? No, i have not. Do i love God with all my heart? Id like to think so. So why dont i do as He tells me to do? I really dont get it. Found a clipboard in my draw. On the back of that clipboard i wrote i will not drink again. Signed it and put down a date. Year 1996! Its 2014 and im still drinkin. All you guys and gals that took the time to talk to me about keeping Gods 10 i thank you. Including His sabbath. I believe im sure about that. Theres also somethin in Romans about pre destination. I hope im reading that wrong. I do wanna say that even though im walkin in sin {do to the drinkin} I feal im not alone. I feel as though {in my mind} that Christ is in me. When i wake and as i live the day. Am i decieved? I truley hope not. I always bring this to mind when im not sure. Hope that is seen is not of hope. Im 63 years old. I smoke 2 and a half packs of cigs a day. I drink a half a quart of vodka a day. Does God love me today? Will He love me tommorrow {if i quit those things of the flesh}.

I am such a fool. An idiot! A Pharasee!

Please forgive me

Comment

Jesus said to forgive your neighbor seventy times seven times. How much more will God forgive us for our problems?

None of us can beat an addiction like this by willpower alone. Have you tried AA?

It's gonna be ok, man. Jesus loves you. We love you.
      Last edited by Kelp(p); 12-06-2014, 11:21 PM.
      O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

You need professional help and there's no shame in it. Sheer willpower isn't as strong as Oprah would like you to believe.

And do you really think God's love in contingent on your blood-alcohol level?

Comment

Hey brother,

Life can be difficult and I'm sorry to read of your struggles but I think God has brought you to this forum for good reason and it looks like you are open to His leading. Please watch this 12 minute video in its entirety when you have time. I think you will be blessed by it.

Comment

Romans 7:6-25 comes to mind. 1 John 1:7-2:2 comes to mind. Hebrews 8:12 comes to mind.

Psalm 119:11 comes to mind.

Jesus words, Matthew 15:18, ". . . those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; . . . " comes to mind.
            Jesus words, Matthew 12:34, ". . . for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. . . ." comes to mind.

The words of James (3:2) comes to mind, ". . . If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body."

Therefore Proverbs 16:3, "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." comes to mind.
            Along with that, Colossians 3:17, 23, ". . . whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. . . . And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; . . ."

Summary: We do what comes from our hearts. If we comment all we say and do to the LORD He can set our thoughts and plans. And if our thoughts are given control from the LORD, we can have control over our words. And if we can have control over our speech, we can have control over our lives (bodies). And when we falter with personal sins, we can go to God through Christ, and renew with a daily clean slate. Something God does for us we cannot do for ourselves. ". . . to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Philippians 4:6-8 comes to mind.

Bottom line, right thoughts result in right actions. The key to right thoughts is: all that we say or do, we do it as to the LORD.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

it's not what you've done, it's what you do next...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Lord Jesus who fed the multitude in the wilderness and who is the Great Physician of our every need, who created our minds and bodies and wishes to hold them in perfect soundness to your glory, have mercy on your servant and bring him healing so that he might sing your praises.

Through the prayers of your most Holy Mother the Theotokos and all the Saints and angels, in the Glorious Name of your Father, together with your Blessed and Life-Giving Holy Spirit, Amen.
                O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X