Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do Fat Girls Date Less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Less, and why do fat girls want to date him?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Who is Less, and why do fat girls want to date him?
      That's the question...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

get over the cultural fixation with body type.
        I just don't like Misogyny in any form. Subtle or not.
        Though the simple truth is making its way into many minds here, I see I still have some work to do.

The double standards are quite simple:

A man would rather date and marry a waitress who looked like Scarlett Johannsen than Scarlett Johannsen.

A woman would rather date the Paul Walker than a waiter who looked like Paul Walker.

In the emboldening lies the crossed purposes. Talk amongst yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
          Would this be your approach with all educational materials, that no research should be done, and that 'common sense' should be the arbiter how to approach social problems through education?
          Tell me pancreasman what will a half a million dollar study tell us that we don't already know. That men generally, and our culture in general, find slimmer women more attractive? That over weight girls often have self-esteem problems and can act out in destructive ways? BTW - my girlfriend is "full figured" and I find her attractive.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            My wife was morbidly obese for well over a decade before having gastric bypass. Seer, I find your rhetorical question "Isn't the answer obvious?" rather crude. I really can't say anything else without my words having an edge that I do not desire on them.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
              Bill's post is deliberately misleading in its cavalier approach to what the See was actually saying and all you other bozos simply jumped on board because it conformed to your prejudices. Personally, I think that's lying and lying stinks.
              Fixed.

Comment

This seems relevant:
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz3LMa0AdoS

Two things to note:

1. Women have no clue what men like. Cameron Diaz's body type is more among the lines of what a gay AIDS ridden fashion judge would prefer. Note that neither Upton nor Diaz are fat.
                2. Men, to a lesser extent, also have no clue what women like. A lot of men (even the infamous Heartiste) grossly overestimage how much women like muscles. But Gosling is more in Hugh Jackman range than Upton is in Diaz.

Ace, where I got the link from, has his own opinion:

I think this is sort of revealing, psychologically, about the respective sexes' attitudes towards sex. I think a body like Kate Upton's is taken, by women, to demonstrate a lack of intelligence and sophistication. It's taken as tacky and, well, whorish.

Cameron Diaz's body, on the other hand, is attractive without pandering to gutter-level male tastes, and is therefore sexy without being stupid and oafish.
                Something similar probably happens in men's heads too, only in this case Gosling looks somewhat effeminate, which men (but not necessarily women) view as the male version of trashy. There is also some projection since a lot of men want big muscles whereas women aren't nearly as enthusiastic about them as we think (a lot of men make a similar mistake with facial hair).
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I think this is sort of revealing, psychologically, about the respective sexes' attitudes towards sex. I think a body like Kate Upton's is taken, by women, to demonstrate a lack of intelligence and sophistication. It's taken as tacky and, well, whorish.

Cameron Diaz's body, on the other hand, is attractive without pandering to gutter-level male tastes, and is therefore sexy without being stupid and oafish.

I seem to recall Cameron Diaz being much closer to Kate Upton's style and body type in The Mask. They like her better than Kate because age and apathy is finally letting her wear pantsuits in public. Older women, especially single older women whose younger years were wasted on the urban collegiate/corporate/government carousel harem treadmill are viscerally threatened by female youth in all its forms and suggestions. They should be looking to them for pointers, because female sexual experience and sophistication is invariably a primary turn-off for most men on the market, assuming it is the marriage market they're playing.

That said, the Hugh Jackman/Ryan Gosling split isn't because of the muscularity of the actors, it's because Ryan Gosling appears in all the Nicholas Sparks movies, which figure far more highly in the average woman's mental landscape and "personal best and most affecting movie" history than Bryan Singer's pet projects, which are mainly meant to appeal to young boys (for the worst of reasons, in that case.) Hugh Jackman at least has the skill and emotional range to put out the most consistently good vocal performance in, say, Les Miserables, whereas Drive's success as a movie requires Gosling to barely speak or emote at all.

Lesson for young men is, don't trust women's instinctive judgment or take it to heart, they can't recognize actual talent and their sense of the sexy is too easy to hack by society. Lesson for young women is still the same: Don't get fat, don't be a slut, learn to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    I seem to recall Cameron Diaz being much closer to Kate Upton's style and body type in The Mask.
                    You need glasses son.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment