Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

(BFTD) Did Eusebius see the destruction of Jerusalem as the coming of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (BFTD) Did Eusebius see the destruction of Jerusalem as the coming of Christ

Old Thread: Back From The Dead (BFTD)

Hi guys :)

I haven't been on tweb in over a year so I was pretty crushed to see the loss of threads due to the crash. Over 1600 just in Eschatology. Anyway if you didn't already know, some of the old site can be recovered using the WaybackMachine. Just go to WaybackMachine.org and type in the name of the site you want to lookup. In this case theologyweb.com. Then it will allow you to pick an image from some previous backup date. Well backup is a strong word. It is pretty hit and miss so your mileage may vary but I was able to find one or two posts that I was looking for.

Here is a link to a random example.

http://web.archive.org/web/201211021...ming-of-Christ

As you can see only the first two pages of the thread were saved. The others are missing. A different backup date will have more or less pages. You just have to have the patience to search for a lucky date. Again the site is pretty buggy so I find myself having to go back to the homepage and start over alot. The date select too doesn't seem to work to well.

Good luck.
    Last edited by AlphaBravo; 12-17-2014, 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling derp

Originally posted by AlphaBravo View Post
    Old Thread: Back From The Dead (BFTD)

Hi guys :)

I haven't been on tweb in over a year so I was pretty crushed to see the loss of threads due to the crash. Over 1600 just in Escatology. Anyway if you didn't already know, some of the old site can be recovered using the WaybackMachine. Just go to WaybackMachine.org and type in the name of the site you want to lookup. In this case theologyweb.com. Then it will allow you to pick an image from some previous backup date. Well backup is a strong word. It is pretty hit and miss so your mileage may vary but I was able to find one or two posts that I was looking for.

Here is a link to a random example.

http://web.archive.org/web/201211021...ming-of-Christ

As you can see only the first two pages of the thread were saved. The others are missing. A different backup date will have more or less pages. You just have to have the patience to search for a lucky date. Again the site is pretty buggy so I find myself having to go back to the homepage and start over alot. The date select too doesn't seem to work to well.

Good luck.
    Eusebius is a little tricky to figure because you have to make do without referencing Revelation.

Welcome back!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Eusebius is a little tricky to figure because you have to make do without referencing Revelation.

Welcome back!
      I wasn't really interested in Eusebius per se but this post got me to reading. Can you explain what you mean about Revelation?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBravo View Post
        I wasn't really interested in Eusebius per se but this post got me to reading. Can you explain what you mean about Revelation?
        Eusebius didn't like Revelation. In his Ecclesiastical History, he classified it both as "recognized" (with evident reluctance) and "spurious."
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Eusebius didn't like Revelation. In his Ecclesiastical History, he classified it both as "recognized" (with evident reluctance) and "spurious."
          Eusebius may not have liked it because he was a supporter of Rome. Irenaeus speculates that symbolism in the Apocalypse might refer to Rome, and Hippolytus mentions it. Tertullian felt certain of it. You won't find evidence of it in earlier writers like Hermas, Barnabas or Justin Martyr and they all allude to the Apocalypse or speak of similar symbols. Eusebius may have felt the Apocalypse identified Rome. There is some evidence that Eusebius changed his eshatology after the legalization of Christianity.
          The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X