Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians working on Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Ha everyone knows Rumtum's name doesn't have anything to do with her drinking rum. She is a wino!
    actually I do like an occasional fruity rum drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      11441674854_5dfa603cfb.jpg
      Drunkard!!!

Comment

But have you ever had a good Mojito?
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          But have you ever had a good Mojito?
          hmm what is in that? I might be willing to experiment

Comment

• Mine references a cat that took too many drugs...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Do you know who T.S. Elliot is Mr. Kott?
              I apologize for that rash statement. My kitty fur was a "bit" scruffed up at the time.
              I've never seen Cats but I watched about a minute of the video and it seems to be a well-done, well-acted song [and play]. I have not seen a play since I went to the Barn Theater in Augusta, Michigan in the 80's and 90's. Tom Wopat was a frequent actor there and my brother always had drinks with him afterwards. I did see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at a movie theater in Lansing, Michigan when my brother took me there around 1984. He was a student at MSU at that time. There was a stage below the screen and students were acting at the same time the movie was playing. People were even smoking cigarettes in the theater. Even left-handed cigarettes. It was a crazy hedonistic time. My brother was gay and it was an era of Freddy Mercury hedonistic partying. People always like to remember the good times but there were also bad times during that time too. And consequences. He contracted HIV and died in 1996.
              Last edited by Mr.Kott; 01-27-2016, 04:40 AM.
              There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• Fresh mint, lime juice, sugar cane, and rum.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                  I apologize for that rash statement. My kitty fur was a "bit" scruffed up at the time.
                  I've never seen Cats but I watched about a minute of the video and it seems to be a well-done, well-acted song [and play]. I have not seen a play since I went to the Barn Theater in Augusta, Michigan in the 80's and 90's. Tom Wopat was a frequent actor there and my brother always had drinks with him afterwards. I did see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at a movie theater in Lansing, Michigan when my brother took me there around 1984. He was a student at MSU at that time. There was a stage below the screen and students were acting at the same time the movie was playing. People were even smoking cigarettes in the theater. Even left-handed cigarettes. It was a crazy hedonistic time. My brother was gay and it was an era of Freddy Mercury hedonistic partying. People always like to remember the good times but there were also bad times during that time too. And consequences. He contracted HIV and died in 1996.
                  So sorry to hear about your brother.
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                    apology excepted. and I too am sorry to hear about your brother.

My user name indeed comes from the T.S. Elliot poem about RumTumTugger. I started using it when I first started online in the mid 80s on a little hobby BBS that my brothers introduced me too after someone made an ad homenum attack on my younger brother calling him illiterate when they had no answer to an argument of his,(my brothers and I are dyslexic) far from being illiterate my younger brother like me is a self taught reader unlike me who concentrated on fiction mostly he read on any and all subjects that interested him so my oldest brother got on and told the group that then my youngest brother got on to help out it was while they were telling me about this I decided to get in on it because well as I explained in my introduction letter to the admin of the BBS "I couldn't let the men of our clan have all the fun challenging the others there. I also choose that name to show folks that I think for myself. and there you have a short history of my user name and why I use it.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-27-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

apology excepted. and I too am sorry to hear about your brother.

My user name indeed comes from the T.S. Elliot poem about RumTumTugger. I started using it when I first started online in the mid 80s on a little hobby BBS that my brothers introduced me too after someone made an ad homenum attack on my younger brother calling him illiterate when they had no answer to an argument of his,(my brothers and I are dyslexic) far from being illiterate my younger brother like me is a self taught reader unlike me who concentrated on fiction mostly he read on any and all subjects that interested him so my oldest brother got on and told the group that then my youngest brother got on to help out it was while they were telling me about this I decided to get in on it because well as I explained in my introduction letter to the admin of the BBS "I couldn't let the men of our clan have all the fun challenging the others there. I also choose that name to show folks that I think for myself. and there you have a short history of my user name and why I use it.
                      sheesh that story is enough to drive me to drink!! And you didn't even mention the last half hour of Dune.

Comment

sheesh that story is enough to drive me to drink!! And you didn't even mention the last half hour of Dune.

A haiku is enough to drive you to drink ya crazy Pirate!
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          A haiku is enough to drive you to drink ya crazy Pirate!
                          I think Sparko is more of a limerick man

The pirate looked down at the keg,

"I'll lower my standards and beg,

I'd like a wee drop,

so why don't we swap

some rum for my old wooden leg?"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I leave that for you and the unholy teasing trinity Sparko.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X