Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, going "people are lawless in some ways so there's no reason not to greatly increase lawlessness" is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      Indeed. But since you don't celebrate that revolution you hardly have that excuse.
      I never actually outright supported illegal immigration Having said that, I suspect illegal immigration falls under one of the less weighty matters of the law, but that's of course not my call to make. In any event, I restrict my advocacy (well, my support, I'm not involved in any advocacy) to actually changing the laws in support of open borders.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I never actually outright supported illegal immigration
        Never said you did.

Good for yo-

Having said that, I suspect illegal immigration falls under one of the less weighty matters of the law, but that's of course not my call to make. In any event, I restrict my advocacy (well, my support, I'm not involved in any advocacy) to actually changing the laws in support of open borders.

Supporting the destruction of your own culture is not a good thing.

Comment

• Supporting the destruction of your own culture is not a good thing.
          What's inherently good about it that would crumble?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• An influx of Hispanic immigrants, a culture that is more devoutly religious and family-oriented than America write large, should be a positive for this country's moral fabric.

Comment

• It's almost Christmas!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• What's inherently good about it that would crumble?
                Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                An influx of Hispanic immigrants, a culture that is more devoutly religious and family-oriented than America write large, should be a positive for this country's moral fabric.
                Because only those immigrants you prize so much will enter.

Comment

An influx of Hispanic immigrants, a culture that is more devoutly religious and family-oriented than America write large, should be a positive for this country's moral fabric.
                  The problem is that there are also very unsavory types that come in too, such as cartel members and gangs. We have a bad gang problem in the northern part of my county, and there are several illegals that are involved. The last 4 murders in my county were Hispanic gang related, and 2 of the 4 victims were here illegally.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It is a Romans 13 issue, but given how most Americans celebrate a revolution that was a violation of that same passage, the general indignation against illegal immigration here seems hypocritical.
                    If the American Revolution is so clearly a violation of the passage, then why do you consider lack of submission to the government that it created also a violation of the passage?
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      The problem is that there are also very unsavory types that come in too, such as cartel members and gangs. We have a bad gang problem in the northern part of my county, and there are several illegals that are involved. The last 4 murders in my county were Hispanic gang related, and 2 of the 4 victims were here illegally.
                      Yeah, when I was with the gas compression company, we had a LOT of problem with the illegals coming through our southern counties. One of our compression technicians was badly beaten when he was out working on a compressor, our offices are routinely broken into and robbed of any food we have there, computers stolen....

We had to employ a "2 man rule" where no technician could respond to a compressor problem without a buddy.

I also had to ... how do I say this... we had a strict company policy against guns on company property or in company vehicles, and I had to indicate - without saying it - that this rule would not be enforced in certain Texas counties.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sure, after all it's doing great things for Mexico's moral fabric.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Humor me. What were you going to do with that information?

Of course it was an insult. Contrary to your opinion, I'm not stupid.
                          I would alter my subsequent responses as some things would need to be explained to him in detail.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

In the sense that local criminals aren't deported?
                            In the sense that the law is enforced on them. Don't forget that Israel had some laws where the foreigners were treated differently, apparently without contradicting the concept in your signature.

Comment

It is a Romans 13 issue, but given how most Americans celebrate a revolution that was a violation of that same passage, the general indignation against illegal immigration here seems hypocritical.
                              The revolution is not a violation of that passage. If you can't hold power over a country, you are not its ruling authority. If you are powerful enough to take your country from its formal authority, you are the de facto ruling authority. It's why Rome ruled Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                If the American Revolution is so clearly a violation of the passage, then why do you consider lack of submission to the government that it created also a violation of the passage?
                                Both are a violation.

Comment