Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
    No, the others are moralistic nannies ... like you, and me. Apparently being combative is a virtue and trying to be a peacemaker is not blessed at all, but effeminate.
    Nice verses in your sig. It's too bad some people cut them out of their Bibles.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• I really think Darthy must be an incredibly unhappy and insecure young man who gets his jollies acting tough and calling names and making goofy allegations, while hiding behind the safety of a computer screen.

It's entirely possible that if any of us stood toe to toe with him in real life, he wouldn't be quite so "combative".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Don't get sucked in -- Pman is a liberal pinko peacenik!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, the others are moralistic nannies ... like you, and me. Apparently being combative is a virtue and trying to be a peacemaker is not blessed at all, but effeminate.
          I'm not sure how you or the rest of your "crowd" can call yourself peacemakers when you not only routinely start fights but have yet to make any sort of peace. It is "peacemaker" after all and not "peacetryer". Not that you qualify for the latter either, mind you.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

This assumes that everybody you go after is in it for their own amusement too.
            No, and amusement isn't the only reason why I "go after" someone. Around here it's just as likely that someone'll come after me though, so it seems to me that some of you are incapable of controlling your lust for blood.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Here is one example of a post where a user had no interest in anything but a clinical discussion and was blindsided for no coherent reason:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ll=1#post75943
              It was a serious question.

Comment

I like yours too. It occurred to me to search for that one recently in the thread about illegal immigration. I'll happily add an amen to that verse.

Comment

I like yours too. It occurred to me to search for that one recently in the thread about illegal immigration. I'll happily add an amen to that verse.
                  I'm not sure what his signature has to do with illegal immigration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    I'm not sure what his signature has to do with illegal immigration.
                    Foreign criminals in the land should be treated as the local criminals are.
                    The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Of course you don't see a problem because you seem to revel in the attention it brings.
                      I certainly don't see a problem; you and others are the ones obsessed that I don't demonstrate what you want me to. When challenged, you seem unwilling or unable to elucidate what problem that poses.

I somehow doubt that a Spaniard or a Frenchman is going to enjoy you calling children 'slaves', but tell yourself whatever you want to hear if it makes you feel better.
                      Perhaps, but my claim was that they would feel comparatively less angst, not zero angst. Terrible red herring.

Red herring alert! For whining about others attack red herrings, you sure seem to love them yourself. You also seem to enjoy stuffing words down people's throats, so again... guess when you can't refute what is brought forth. Any shelter in a storm will do...
                      Nonsense. It's okay for you to criticise my English, but not fine for me to attack yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                        Foreign criminals in the land should be treated as the local criminals are.
                        In the sense that local criminals aren't deported?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          It was a serious question.

Humor me. What were you going to do with that information?

Of course it was an insult. Contrary to your opinion, I'm not stupid.
                          Last edited by KingsGambit; 12-22-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

In the sense that local criminals aren't deported?
                            In the sense that they are punished according to the law.

Some local criminals are given life or death sentences if you want to go down your route.

My, KG, one could almost think that you were supporting the criminals' rebellion against God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                              In the sense that they are punished according to the law.

Some local criminals are given life or death sentences if you want to go down your route.

My, KG, one could almost think that you were supporting the criminals' rebellion against God.
                              It is a Romans 13 issue, but given how most Americans celebrate a revolution that was a violation of that same passage, the general indignation against illegal immigration here seems hypocritical.

Comment

It is a Romans 13 issue, but given how most Americans celebrate a revolution that was a violation of that same passage, the general indignation against illegal immigration here seems hypocritical.
                                Indeed. But since you don't celebrate that revolution you hardly have that excuse.

Comment