Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/18/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/18/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional planted for the Greater Glory of God
    A loss for words…

“Oh, Adonai, dearest Lord, Compassionate God of justice, so many areas of my life seem imprisoned but you promise me real freedom and peace in my life. Renew my spirit and free my soul. Please, open my heart which you have bathed in the longing of Advent. I am awe-struck as your glory fills the earth
    and I want to follow you in caring for others. Grant me the grace to see how you shine your light on the poor who have such a special place in your heart.”**

This morning I find myself fighting for words not that I am at a loss for words but just the opposite because someone I care about whose life is spinning so fast centrifugal force is tearing them apart what words can I say that will bring not only comfort to them but help them put their lives together as well. Do you know someone like that? Is it possible that someone is you?

A writer at a loss for words! That can’t be a good thing, right? RIGHT! One of the scariest things a writer experiences is a loss of words. However, one of the most important things people (and writers) needs to learn is that there are times when words are not enough. However unlike us God has never been nor will ever be at a loss of words. But God understands sometimes words are not enough and so God with infinite wisdom did something extraordinary putting aside “the dictionary of human words” God became the Word! “The true light that shines on everyone was coming into the world. The Word was in the world, but no one knew him, though God had made the world with his Word. He came into his own world...” (John 1:9–11, CEV)

The old adage “a picture is worth a thousand words” is so true however I’d like to take that a little further, “the actual presence of is worth a thousand pictures.” This Christmas as your shopping for Christmas presents remember it’s your presents and presence that is what people need. This morning’s Advent Prayer is a living testimony to God’s gift of Jesus and Jesus’ presence in my life.

Christmas is a season for miracles and miracles are God’s words and Word in action!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

**“Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
    http://onlineministries.creighton.ed...ry/online.html
    Used with permission.”

Thanks for continuing to post your devotionals Gary. They are much appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Thanks for continuing to post your devotionals Gary. They are much appreciated.

Merry Christmas!
      Amen to that! Gary, yes your devotionals are very much appreciated.
      Last edited by LostSheep; 12-18-2014, 02:18 PM.
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X