Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Partial Birth abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial Birth abortions

Aka dilation and extraction. How could anyone think this is okay? Just finish the breech birth and give the kid to child services to put up for adoption! Why ever is it needed to kill a baby in the third trimester? Of course they shouldn't be killed in the first or second(or fourth for those infanticide advocates), but the point is that a pregnancy in the third trimester can be terminated without killing the baby/fetus. And a late term abortion is MORE risky than just giving birth to the kid.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Aka dilation and extraction. How could anyone think this is okay? Just finish the breech birth and give the kid to child services to put up for adoption! Why ever is it needed to kill a baby in the third trimester? Of course they shouldn't be killed in the first or second(or fourth for those infanticide advocates), but the point is that a pregnancy in the third trimester can be terminated without killing the baby/fetus. And a late term abortion is MORE risky than just giving birth to the kid.
    From what I understand, these would be performed when it's judged that bringing the fetus to term would jeopardize the mother's life/health. For instance, there's a condition called hydrocephalus in which a fetus' head swells with water and becomes so large that delivery might injure the mother. The water swelling would also cause severe brain damage to the fetus, making it probable that it wouldn't survive for very long outside the womb anyway. Consequently, some doctors reason that it's justifiable to perform a PBA to reduce health risks to the mother by terminating a fetus that would likely have died regardless.

Of course, there may also be ways of draining fluid from within the womb, or removing the fetus via caesarean section. So this isn't to say that I personally think this procedure is okay on a live fetus, lest certain posters on this site misrepresent this post again. But that to the best of my knowledge is the argument given by the other side.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Well, yes. But i've heard that sometimes it's healthy babies. And if going to term is a health risk, they can just induce prematurely.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
        From what I understand, these would be performed when it's judged that bringing the fetus to term would jeopardize the mother's life/health. For instance, there's a condition called hydrocephalus in which a fetus' head swells with water and becomes so large that delivery might injure the mother. The water swelling would also cause severe brain damage to the fetus, making it probable that it wouldn't survive for very long outside the womb anyway. Consequently, some doctors reason that it's justifiable to perform a PBA to reduce health risks to the mother by terminating a fetus that would likely have died regardless.

Of course, there may also be ways of draining fluid from within the womb, or removing the fetus via caesarean section. So this isn't to say that I personally think this procedure is okay on a live fetus, lest certain posters on this site misrepresent this post again. But that to the best of my knowledge is the argument given by the other side.
        This is the first example I've ever heard of an actual case where the birth could jeopardize the health of the mother. (It's the kind of hypothetical that's always brought up, but never seems to have any actual examples.) Why wouldn't a C-section be acceptable in that case?
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          This is the first example I've ever heard of an actual case where the birth could jeopardize the health of the mother. (It's the kind of hypothetical that's always brought up, but never seems to have any actual examples.) Why wouldn't a C-section be acceptable in that case?
          Then you can't wear a bikini?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I said that I believe it would be.

Originally posted by square_peg
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
              I said that I believe it would be.
              Missed that part, sorry. I was curious if there are any legitimate examples that would require an abortion to save the life of the mother. I've never heard one.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Well, yes. But i've heard that sometimes it's healthy babies. And if going to term is a health risk, they can just induce prematurely.
                It is quite often normal healthy babies. Hydrocephalus is found in only about .02% of births. I once read an atricle by a doctor saying there are virtually no cases where the life of the mother is in danger.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Maybe she threatened to commit suicide unless her baby died? But that would merit her a trip to the psych ward...

Comment

There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

And the taxpayers foot the bill for each and every murder.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

I think it is going to take one or two first world countries to have the courage to declare the unborn as actual members of our species for the rest to come along behind them and overturn this barbaric practice.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.

Comment

Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.
                          There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Lord, have mercy.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...
                              Though there is the funny double standard that if a wanted fetus is murdered, that's a horrendous crime! Schroedinger's fetus: is only a person if wanted.

Comment