Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Partial Birth abortions

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

And the taxpayers foot the bill for each and every murder.

I think it is going to take one or two first world countries to have the courage to declare the unborn as actual members of our species for the rest to come along behind them and overturn this barbaric practice.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Stupid Roe v. Wade. I heard it was the equivalent of seeing movement in the bushes and shooting because you don't know what it is. Or demolishing a building that a child may have run into.
    There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    There has been no abortion law in Canada for decades. Abortion is performed here up to and including the point of birth. That means partial birth abortions are relatively common here.

And the taxpayers foot the bill for each and every murder.

Lord, have mercy.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

5. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    There is a clause in RvW called the "collapse clause". I do not know why Laci and Conner's Law didn't invoke that...
    Though there is the funny double standard that if a wanted fetus is murdered, that's a horrendous crime! Schroedinger's fetus: is only a person if wanted.

7. Amen Bill the Cat, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    It is quite often normal healthy babies. Hydrocephalus is found in only about .02% of births. I once read an atricle by a doctor saying there are virtually no cases where the life of the mother is in danger.
    What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If any Christians are actively pro choice/abortioniists, maybe they'll have to do the unpleasant tasks of raising kids in the New Jerusalem. Except that would only be a few years... then they can clean toilets.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?
    If mom has preeclampsia/eclampsia, the kid's going to be induced. Hopefully after 23/24 weeks. But there wouldn't be a reason to kill the kid, just move the kid to a crib or incubator.

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

12. Amen Jedidiah, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.
    So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.