Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Partial Birth abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    It is quite often normal healthy babies. Hydrocephalus is found in only about .02% of births. I once read an atricle by a doctor saying there are virtually no cases where the life of the mother is in danger.
    What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

If any Christians are actively pro choice/abortioniists, maybe they'll have to do the unpleasant tasks of raising kids in the New Jerusalem. Except that would only be a few years... then they can clean toilets.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        What is an example of a case where the mother's life is in danger?
        If mom has preeclampsia/eclampsia, the kid's going to be induced. Hopefully after 23/24 weeks. But there wouldn't be a reason to kill the kid, just move the kid to a crib or incubator.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            There are a couple of very rare immune disorders that onset late in pregnancy however the genuine solution is to deliver the baby and let life take its natural course. There is no reason to outright kill a baby. the old D&X procedure has no use except if the baby is dead and cannot be removed from the uterus and now typically that is done via c-section. It really has no place in society. At one point it had a place but only when the mother and baby were dying and a c-section was unavailable. And this was probably 50 -60 years ago when it last had an actual use. Now none. In a foreign country....it might.
            So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.

Comment

So you're saying that an abortion to save the life of the mother is basically a myth? I have suspected this.
              It has always been an excuse for the pro-death side to use to push their agenda. The circumstances of the mother's life being at risk is very few and far between.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                It has always been an excuse for the pro-death side to use to push their agenda. The circumstances of the mother's life being at risk is very few and far between.
                I'm actually wondering if--rather than being few and far between--the circumstances even exist at all. Does anyone have any example in which an abortion was required to save a mother's life?

Comment

I'm actually wondering if--rather than being few and far between--the circumstances even exist at all. Does anyone have any example in which an abortion was required to save a mother's life?
                  I have never heard of any.

Of course, you could probably go to Planned Parenthood and they will have thousands of examples.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Guttmacher, a self-titled "reproduction research center", did not have statistics on abortions performed to save the life of the mother in any of their surveys.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I have never heard of any.

Of course, you could probably go to Planned Parenthood and they will have thousands of examples.

From FactCheck.org:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System reported a higher number for pregnancy-related deaths for 2006-2007, the most recent statistics. It found that 1,294 deaths that occurred within a year of pregnancy termination were pregnancy-related. Why did these women die? There were several causes, including cardiovascular disease, hemorrhage, hypertension, infections and embolisms. A small percentage — 0.6 percent — died from complications related to anesthesia. And 5.6 percent died from unknown causes. That doesn’t mean that an abortion would have saved the life of the mother in those cases, but it does indicate that “modern technology and science” have not made it so women no longer risk death from pregnancy.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        From FactCheck.org:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System reported a higher number for pregnancy-related deaths for 2006-2007, the most recent statistics. It found that 1,294 deaths that occurred within a year of pregnancy termination were pregnancy-related. Why did these women die? There were several causes, including cardiovascular disease, hemorrhage, hypertension, infections and embolisms. A small percentage — 0.6 percent — died from complications related to anesthesia. And 5.6 percent died from unknown causes. That doesn’t mean that an abortion would have saved the life of the mother in those cases, but it does indicate that “modern technology and science” have not made it so women no longer risk death from pregnancy.
                        Pro-death proponents don't need no stinkin' facts!

Comment

Pro-death proponents don't need no stinkin' facts!
                          Sure they do, which is why they make up their own!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The closest I can think of is Cancer treatment, where the treatment will kill the baby, and no treatment will kill the mother.
                            And ectopic pregnancies as well although I understand they have made some breakthroughs there.
                            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Ectopic pregnancies, but I understand in those cases there would be no way for the child to survive anyway, right?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                Ectopic pregnancies, but I understand in those cases there would be no way for the child to survive anyway, right?
                                Ectopic pregnancies are usually terminated early, long before a D&X would be possible
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X