Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Recovering Threads from the old tweb site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering Threads from the old tweb site

(This is a repost that I had started in another thread. I thought it should go here where it might be seen by more people.)

Hi guys :)

I hadn't been on tweb in over a year so I was pretty crushed to see the loss of threads due to the crash. Over 1600 just in Eschatology. Anyway if you didn't already know, some of the old site can be recovered using the WaybackMachine. Just go to WaybackMachine.org and type in the name of the site you want to lookup. In this case theologyweb.com. Then it will allow you to pick an image from some previous backup date. Well backup is a strong word. It is pretty hit and miss so your mileage may vary but I was able to find one or two posts that I was looking for.

Here is a link to a random example.

http://web.archive.org/web/201211021...ming-of-Christ

As you can see only the first two pages of the thread were saved. The others are missing. A different backup date will have more or less pages. You just have to have the patience to search for a lucky date. Again the site is pretty buggy so I find myself having to go back to the homepage and start over alot. The date select tool doesn't seem to work to well.

Good luck.

Yeah. That's how we recovered the FAQs and the Guidelines pages... and the smilies!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Here is another example thread from the old site. For some reason the link above stopped working for me.

http://web.archive.org/web/201211021...-and-Preterism

Also twib=tweb

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X