Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

We're Grateful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Grateful

This morning, my wife and I went out for breakfast at our local restaurant. We've gone frequently enough that we've achieved the status of regulars.

This morning, the owner picked up our check and the waitress said he did for some others. We were really grateful for this unexpected blessing.

So prayers for the owner (Jim) and staff (Shannon, Noel, Grace, Susan, and God forgive me for forgetting the rest) of Liberty Family Restaurant that God will continue to bless their workplace and lives.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

God is good, all the time!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I have a friend whose son, a firefighter, was killed in a building collapse, while trying to rescue a person who was trapped in the burning building.

Any time he sees firefighters in a restaurant, he will pick up their check - without fail.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Most charitable, quite touching indeed.
        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment