Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two NYPD Officers Gunned Down as They Sat in Their Radio Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I know. And this nut allegedly shot and killed his girlfriend, then posted that he was going to "put wings on pigs", and kill 2 cops. "they take one of ours, we take two of theirs", or some such nuttery.
    And it IS nuttery. No moderately sane person wants to kill people who have done them no harm. We've had the Sydney siege (and he was a nut), we've had a hundred of children killed in school by extreme people I can only believe are perverted, we've had 8 children stabbed to death in Cairns, here, by their mother on ice, made insane by chemicals. I've had enough of 2014.

Comment

Moderated By: CP

I moved the posts about the slain officers from the other thread to here - didn't want to put a downer on DB's well intended thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I admit...when you mentioned this shooting, I flashed back to the Chris Dorner rampage...
        Last edited by DesertBerean; 12-20-2014, 08:41 PM.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

And, excuse my indignation, but here's where I could really punch out that sleazebag "Rev" Al Sharpton, who, in MY opinion, has blood all over his racebaiting hands...

Source: Yahoo News

The Rev. Al Sharpton said Garner's family had no connection to the suspect and denounced the violence.

"Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases," Sharpton said. "We have stressed at every rally and march that anyone engaged in any violence is an enemy to the pursuit of justice for Eric Garner and Michael Brown."

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And, excuse my indignation, but here's where I could really punch out that sleazebag "Rev" Al Sharpton, who, in MY opinion, has blood all over his racebaiting hands...

Source: Yahoo News

The Rev. Al Sharpton said Garner's family had no connection to the suspect and denounced the violence.

"Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases," Sharpton said. "We have stressed at every rally and march that anyone engaged in any violence is an enemy to the pursuit of justice for Eric Garner and Michael Brown."

© Copyright Original Source

Al Sharpton is the Grigoriy Rasputin of 21st Century America (the real difference being that Slimy Al probably doesn't drink). He sees himself as a crusader for racial equality, but he just wants to profit off of the turmoil.

The same goes for Jesse Jackson.

Comment

A block from the shooting site, a line of about eight police officers stood with a German shepherd blocking the taped-off street. Officer Ramos was married with a 13-year-old son, police said. He had been on the job since 2012. Liu had been on the job for seven years and got married two months ago, Bratton said.

Two months after marrying... wow. And a teenage boy without a dad.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                It is a sin-sick world.
                I am not too fond of tying sin with sickness. Sin is evil, not sick.

I still love you though.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sadly, two NYPD officers were assassinated as they sat in their radio car just a few hours ago.
                  Yet another attack by a Black convert to Islam?

Comment

No, looks like a nut who bought into the Ferguson hysteria liberals have been spreading around lately.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      No, looks like a nut who bought into the Ferguson hysteria liberals have been spreading around lately.
                      There's no reason why it couldn't be both.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                        There's no reason why it couldn't be both.
                        What's the point in guessing before we know?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

There were no allahu akbars in his confession or anything to point to them. ISIS attention whores pretty shamelessly.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Also, he alluded to giving "wings" to (out of the respect of the police officer on TWeb I won't use the slur). A radical Muslim wouldn't say this; he would say something about sending an enemy to hell.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              What's the point in guessing before we know?
                              Predictive model testing using new data.

That said, I did not speculate on intentionality, but noted what seems to be a pattern in recent attacks on police that have come to my notice. My post to Darth postulates nothing specific about the shooter's motives but merely disputes the demarcation of the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                There were no allahu akbars in his confession or anything to point to them. ISIS attention whores pretty shamelessly.
                                I agree that the lack is telling, though my point was that one could both be an Islamist extremist and angry about Ferguson; Islamist extremists are hardly limited to members of ISIS.

Comment