Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Your most despised Christmas songs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Baby, it's Cold Outside has some creepy inferences to it. The whole idea of a guy keeping his girlfriend from leaving his house just sounds creepy.
    Is that a Christmas song? Never thought much about that. It is a little . . . something.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Baby, it's Cold Outside has some creepy inferences to it. The whole idea of a guy keeping his girlfriend from leaving his house just sounds creepy.
      Not to mention the implication that he slipped something into her drink

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.
          But --- that's a CLASSIC!!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            But --- that's a CLASSIC!!!!!
            It's three minutes of pointlessly flinging insults at a fictional character to a horrible ear stabbing tune.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              It's three minutes of pointlessly flinging insults at a fictional character to a horrible ear stabbing tune.
              Next, you're gonna claim Santa Clause isn't real.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                That ridiculous "Christmas Shoes" song.
                That song is so cheesy you could cut it into slices.

Comment

Anything they play at Kohl's, with the exception of Mannheim Steamroller, and that one about wanting an alien for Christmas.
                  I hate the music at Kohl's the rest of the year, too, come to think of it.

Oh, and I concur that Baby, it's Cold Outside is really creepy. I also can't stand Santa Baby. Or any Christmas song with the word "baby" in the title when it doesn't refer to Jesus. It's just... creepy.
                  Last edited by QuantaFille; 12-24-2014, 11:13 PM.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is one I don't like. Years ago, I was at Disney World with my family on New Years' Eve, and they played it everywhere. I was struggling with my faith at the time and intensely depressed. There was some existential angst involved, so when that kept playing, I just thought "how can anybody be so happy?"

I concur with Andius on Feliz Navidad.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

One that my mother despised was "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" especially when her only grandchild kept singing it incessantly. I think that she began to take it a bit personally.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        One that my mother despised was "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" especially when her only grandchild kept singing it incessantly. I think that she began to take it a bit personally.
                        I hate that song, too... Mostly due to my grandmother's fixation about telling every living soul about the time she and my grandfather ran over a deer one night she went to see my uncle... And he gave her a doll that plays the song.

Comment