Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I've been sampling local whiskies lately, and haven't found a decent one among them. The Seacrets Spiced Rum I got is dangerously good, though. I got a bottle of Jameson's The Cooper's Croze, which was really good - should've sprung for two when I had the chance.
    So with the rum, how do you drink it? Mixed, chilled, ice? I've no idea, never really consumed much rum. Except that one time on vacation when there wasn't any other alcohol left, so I had some Captain Morgan's with coke...it was a little too sweet for me.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
      So with the rum, how do you drink it? Mixed, chilled, ice? I've no idea, never really consumed much rum. Except that one time on vacation when there wasn't any other alcohol left, so I had some Captain Morgan's with coke...it was a little too sweet for me.
      Spiced rum is a little on the sweet side. I've just been sipping it neat; I rarely use ice in anything, and even more rarely consume soda. Rum isn't typically my drink of choice either (I typically only get some to mix with egg nog for the holidays), but I was looking for something local, and this one had won some awards.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
          I tried some Jameson recently for the first time. (Irish Whisky)

It was surprisingly smooth and light.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I tried some Jameson recently for the first time. (Irish Whisky)

It was surprisingly smooth and light.
            If you see it, try Proper 12. It's also Irish Whisky, and it's pretty tasty.

Comment

So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
              Bulleit Rye is delicious. Try it in a Boulevardier sometime, as it's my whisky of choice for my all-time favorite cocktail.

I recently had some Hornitos Anejo Tequila (Black Barrel). It was good, though I typically fail to taste enough difference between Anejo and Reposado to warrant the extra money that Anejo requires you to pony up.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                Bulleit Rye is delicious. Try it in a Boulevardier sometime, as it's my whisky of choice for my all-time favorite cocktail.

I recently had some Hornitos Anejo Tequila (Black Barrel). It was good, though I typically fail to taste enough difference between Anejo and Reposado to warrant the extra money that Anejo requires you to pony up.
                Blanco is just distilled Tequilla, Anejo is Tequilla that has been aged in old whiskey barrels for over a year, Reposado is aged in whiskey barrels up to a year.

I think I prefer Blanco myself, I think the Anejo tastes too much like whiskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Blanco is just distilled Tequilla, Anejo is Tequilla that has been aged in old whiskey barrels for over a year, Reposado is aged in whiskey barrels up to a year.

I think I prefer Blanco myself, I think the Anejo tastes too much like whiskey.
                  ....and? Tasting like whiskey sounds awesome.

Comment

....and? Tasting like whiskey sounds awesome.
                    But very harsh whiskey. So why not just buy whiskey?

I think the Blanco has a more pure flavor of tequila.

Comment

• I tried some Jim Beam honey whiskey the other day, which was pretty good.

Still, I'll always prefer a good single malt Scotch.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Bourbon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I tried some Jim Beam honey whiskey the other day, which was pretty good.

Still, I'll always prefer a good single malt Scotch.
                          The only Jim Beam I've tried and not cared for much was the Double Oak - which was too much oak, IMO. Using Jim Beam Apple makes some really good Manhattans.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
                            Bourbon.
                            Good man.

Comment

• Not to brag but I snagged a bottle of Jameson Caskmates Stout for $9 on sale about a month ago and it is deeeeeelightful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                                Not to brag but I snagged a bottle of Jameson Caskmates Stout for $9 on sale about a month ago and it is deeeeeelightful.

I pay $40 Freaking Dollars for that same Bottle here in Saskatchewan.

Friggin' Taxes.
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X