Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 222

Thread: Whisky

  1. #211
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    574
    Amen (Given)
    53
    Amen (Received)
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I've been sampling local whiskies lately, and haven't found a decent one among them. The Seacrets Spiced Rum I got is dangerously good, though. I got a bottle of Jameson's The Cooper's Croze, which was really good - should've sprung for two when I had the chance.
    So with the rum, how do you drink it? Mixed, chilled, ice? I've no idea, never really consumed much rum. Except that one time on vacation when there wasn't any other alcohol left, so I had some Captain Morgan's with coke...it was a little too sweet for me.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

  2. #212
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,710
    Amen (Given)
    6063
    Amen (Received)
    11536
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    So with the rum, how do you drink it? Mixed, chilled, ice? I've no idea, never really consumed much rum. Except that one time on vacation when there wasn't any other alcohol left, so I had some Captain Morgan's with coke...it was a little too sweet for me.
    Spiced rum is a little on the sweet side. I've just been sipping it neat; I rarely use ice in anything, and even more rarely consume soda. Rum isn't typically my drink of choice either (I typically only get some to mix with egg nog for the holidays), but I was looking for something local, and this one had won some awards.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  3. #213
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    574
    Amen (Given)
    53
    Amen (Received)
    493
    So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

  4. #214
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,016
    Amen (Given)
    4873
    Amen (Received)
    21712
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
    I tried some Jameson recently for the first time. (Irish Whisky)

    It was surprisingly smooth and light.

  5. #215
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    574
    Amen (Given)
    53
    Amen (Received)
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I tried some Jameson recently for the first time. (Irish Whisky)

    It was surprisingly smooth and light.
    If you see it, try Proper 12. It's also Irish Whisky, and it's pretty tasty.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

  6. #216
    Tweeb Overlord Chaotic Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,329
    Amen (Given)
    1114
    Amen (Received)
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    So, anyone drinking anything new lately? I've started branching out from bourbon in rye whiskeys. My favorites so far are TH Handy Sazerac, and Whistle Pig Rye. However, those are hard to find where I live and on the more expensive side (about $89-110 per fifth). As far as affordable rye's, Bulleit Rye is very good and much more affordable (I think about $40 per bottle).
    Bulleit Rye is delicious. Try it in a Boulevardier sometime, as it's my whisky of choice for my all-time favorite cocktail.

    I recently had some Hornitos Anejo Tequila (Black Barrel). It was good, though I typically fail to taste enough difference between Anejo and Reposado to warrant the extra money that Anejo requires you to pony up.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

  7. #217
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,016
    Amen (Given)
    4873
    Amen (Received)
    21712
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Bulleit Rye is delicious. Try it in a Boulevardier sometime, as it's my whisky of choice for my all-time favorite cocktail.

    I recently had some Hornitos Anejo Tequila (Black Barrel). It was good, though I typically fail to taste enough difference between Anejo and Reposado to warrant the extra money that Anejo requires you to pony up.
    Blanco is just distilled Tequilla, Anejo is Tequilla that has been aged in old whiskey barrels for over a year, Reposado is aged in whiskey barrels up to a year.

    I think I prefer Blanco myself, I think the Anejo tastes too much like whiskey.

  8. #218
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    574
    Amen (Given)
    53
    Amen (Received)
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Blanco is just distilled Tequilla, Anejo is Tequilla that has been aged in old whiskey barrels for over a year, Reposado is aged in whiskey barrels up to a year.

    I think I prefer Blanco myself, I think the Anejo tastes too much like whiskey.
    ....and? Tasting like whiskey sounds awesome.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

  9. #219
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,016
    Amen (Given)
    4873
    Amen (Received)
    21712
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    ....and? Tasting like whiskey sounds awesome.
    But very harsh whiskey. So why not just buy whiskey?

    I think the Blanco has a more pure flavor of tequila.

  10. #220
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,473
    Amen (Given)
    1392
    Amen (Received)
    3909
    I tried some Jim Beam honey whiskey the other day, which was pretty good.

    Still, I'll always prefer a good single malt Scotch.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •