Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I think so, yeah. Though I'm far from an expert.
    Alright.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Decided to give whisky another try. Bought a 50 ml bottle of Black Velvet and combined a little of it with some ginger ale and a lemon for flavor. Surprisingly tasty, the caramel taste really shined through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
        Decided to give whisky another try. Bought a 50 ml bottle of Black Velvet and combined a little of it with some ginger ale and a lemon for flavor. Surprisingly tasty, the caramel taste really shined through.
        I haven't tried many Canadian whiskeys (Crown Royal is ok, but too sweet for me). But in case you want to branch out, I highly recommend these bourbons (a.k.a. Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey):

Blanton's
        Maker's Mark
        Jim Beam (Black)
        Buffalo Trace

I've listed these by my recollection of price (highest to lowest). And if you want to mix it with something (and can get this wherever you live), mix em all with Sun Drop. Except the Blanton's. Don't waste Blanton's by mixing it with anything, it deserves to be savored. The Maker's Mark has a nice caramel/butterscotch thing going on.
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• My wife got me a bottle of this:

moonshine.jpg

It's harsh, but I like it.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            So...whisky. I like it.

Discuss.
            Drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. I Corinthians 6:9-10
            There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
              Scripture Verse: Deut. 14:22-26

22 “You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year. 23 And you shall eat before the Lord your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the Lord your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the Lord your God has blessed you, 25 then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the Lord your God chooses. 26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.

© Copyright Original Source

Dueling verses is fun! Maybe you should learn what a drunkard is like.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I agree. I'm not a drunkard.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Very true, but a drink or two does not make you a drunkard.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Very true, but a drink or two does not make you a drunkard.
                    He seems to think that if you eat food that makes you a glutton.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      He seems to think that if you eat food that makes you a glutton.
                      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

In fairness, Jesus got that label too.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• If you are not a drunkard then you have nothing to worry about.
                        There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• So... I finally got a chance to buy Crown Royal's Northern Harvest Rye the other day. For those who don't know, it was dubbed "Whisk(e)y of the Year," not too long ago... which not only caused a controversy, but the hype also caused the stuff to fly off the shelves (hence why I couldn't get my mitts on a bottle till recently).

It's good. I wouldn't say, "Whisk(e)y of the Year," anytime soon, but it's still one of the best ryes I've had. Got that fruity spiciness you expect from a rye, with a hint of maple syrup in the taste (must be a Canadian thing).
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            So... I finally got a chance to buy Crown Royal's Northern Harvest Rye the other day. For those who don't know, it was dubbed "Whisk(e)y of the Year," not too long ago... which not only caused a controversy, but the hype also caused the stuff to fly off the shelves (hence why I couldn't get my mitts on a bottle till recently).

It's good. I wouldn't say, "Whisk(e)y of the Year," anytime soon, but it's still one of the best ryes I've had. Got that fruity spiciness you expect from a rye, with a hint of maple syrup in the taste (must be a Canadian thing).
                            I....maple syrup? I can't say I've really considered that in a whiskey before, but that sounds amazing. Long as it's not too strong.

Comment

• Time to get some discussion going in the fraternity. I'm drinking Eagle Rare bourbon at the moment. And....I've managed to acquire some T.H. Handy Sazerac (2017) which is, quite frankly, amazing. AND.....I have some Van Winkle Lot B. Very difficult to find around here. Haven't opened it yet, as it's so expensive and rare I'm waiting for a special occasion.

So...what are you drinking lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                                Time to get some discussion going in the fraternity. I'm drinking Eagle Rare bourbon at the moment. And....I've managed to acquire some T.H. Handy Sazerac (2017) which is, quite frankly, amazing. AND.....I have some Van Winkle Lot B. Very difficult to find around here. Haven't opened it yet, as it's so expensive and rare I'm waiting for a special occasion.

So...what are you drinking lately?
                                I've been sampling local whiskies lately, and haven't found a decent one among them. The Seacrets Spiced Rum I got is dangerously good, though. I got a bottle of Jameson's The Cooper's Croze, which was really good - should've sprung for two when I had the chance.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X