Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns out it was a once a year sale and the place I found it doesn't carry it anymore. I should have gotten the other bottle that was also on sale.

Comment

• I tried Johnny Walker Red Label once. Am I the only who thinks that stuff tastes like liquid crayon wax or is it just simply bad?
      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

• I had a shot of Pappy Van Winkle once. It was good, but not THAT good. I wasn't that impressed. Tasted a lot like Maker's Mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I had a shot of Pappy Van Winkle once. It was good, but not THAT good. I wasn't that impressed. Tasted a lot like Maker's Mark.
          Any opinions on Blanton's? I like it, but probably not worth the hype. I'm a little undecided on whether it's worth the $60 per bottle. Also, most anything WL Weller is delicious. I snag the Weller Antique 107 whenever I can. The 10 year is legit as well.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

Any opinions on Blanton's? I like it, but probably not worth the hype. I'm a little undecided on whether it's worth the $60 per bottle. Also, most anything WL Weller is delicious. I snag the Weller Antique 107 whenever I can. The 10 year is legit as well.
            Never tried Blanton's. I am not a big whiskey drinker. I was out with my brother and we stopped at a bar and he wanted to try Pappy's and let me taste it. I think it was something like $25 a shot (or more. I can't remember the exact amount, but it was crazy)

I have drank Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, and Maker's Mark. I tend to like Maker's more because it is smoother. And to me the Pappy Van Winkle tasted a lot like that.

I googled it afterward and found that both were wheat-based instead of rye-based whiskeys and that is why they taste similar. I found this article on it:

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...tead-20160201/

It mentions that Weller is likely made with the same recipe as Pappy.
            Last edited by Sparko; 10-12-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Time to get some discussion going in the fraternity. I'm drinking Eagle Rare bourbon at the moment. And....I've managed to acquire some T.H. Handy Sazerac (2017) which is, quite frankly, amazing. AND.....I have some Van Winkle Lot B. Very difficult to find around here. Haven't opened it yet, as it's so expensive and rare I'm waiting for a special occasion.

So...what are you drinking lately?
              Whistlepig, 10yr

Comment

Not worth $60. An average/decent buy at $40 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

Whistlepig, 10yr
                  The Whistlepig rye is pretty nice.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Picked up a bottle of Jack Daniel's Master Distiller No 4 the other day. I'll crack that puppy open once my bottle of Newfoundland Screech is gone
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

The Whistlepig rye is pretty nice.
                      Just had Bulleit Rye this weekend; greenish label, about $40. Ryes tend to be sharper than bourbon, but this was relatively smooth and not too sweet. I enjoyed it...

Comment

Just had Bulleit Rye this weekend; greenish label, about $40. Ryes tend to be sharper than bourbon, but this was relatively smooth and not too sweet. I enjoyed it...
                        That's my go-to for Manhattans and Boulevardiers.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Glad you liked it! I'm really fan of quality products that sell at a reasonable price. I do have ryes I like more than Bulleit, but those are generally 2-4 times more expensive.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X