Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Whatchya got against Black Booster just cause it comes in a plastic jug?
    If whisky has a "Best before" date, you might want to avoid it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If whisky has a "Best before" date, you might want to avoid it.
      Whisky is eternal.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Went to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Beforehand we enjoyed some Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve. It was pretty good, I must say.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• ... So I picked up some new local 'Homemade Shine' from my liquor store called "Ole Jed's" and I'm sipping a shot of it. It's got a nice tangy/sour corn taste coupled with a nice burn that I find appealing. For $30, it's a good sipper as long as I don't go blind.
          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 04-28-2015, 11:00 PM.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            ... So I picked up some new local 'Homemade Shine' from my liquor store called "Ole Jed's" and I'm sipping a shot of it. It's got a nice tangy/sour corn taste coupled with a nice burn that I find appealing. For $30, it's a good sipper as long as I don't go blind.
            Yeah that's the new thing: Legal moonshine. Basically corn whiskey made legally instead of in the woods using an old radiator.

Comment

Yeah that's the new thing: Legal moonshine. Basically corn whiskey made legally instead of in the woods using an old radiator.
              Yeah, I had heard that various companies started doing that a while ago. I'm just glad that a local brewery/distillery got around to making their own rendition of the White Lightning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                Yeah, I had heard that various companies started doing that a while ago. I'm just glad that a local brewery/distillery got around to making their own rendition of the White Lightning.
                Yeah but the legal stuff tends to get all watered down and poofty, like with flavors (strawberry shine, peach shine, blah blah) - the real stuff has no taste because it evaporates almost as fast as you can drink it. It just chokes you half to death.

Comment

Yeah but the legal stuff tends to get all watered down and poofty, like with flavors (strawberry shine, peach shine, blah blah) - the real stuff has no taste because it evaporates almost as fast as you can drink it. It just chokes you half to death.
                  I kind of expect that, since it's REALLY bad PR if a company's product is flavorless and half-kills it's customers (or turns 'em blind, like the joke is with 'shine). Apparently, this company (Sperling Silver Distillery) has a honey-flavored variant of the stuff, but they keep that at the pub for mixing drinks.

Comment

There are various recipes for flavored "moonshine" floating about. The one my dad made, if you do the calculations, turns out to be something like 30 proof.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      There are various recipes for flavored "moonshine" floating about. The one my dad made, if you do the calculations, turns out to be something like 30 proof.
                      I'd like to try moonshine sometime, but flavored, 30 proof? No thanks.

Comment

Some of the best I had was peach flavored and very smooth. It was a bit more powerful. Probably around 180 proof

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some of the best I had was peach flavored and very smooth. It was a bit more powerful. Probably around 180 proof
                          "a bit more powerful...180 proof"

Comment

30 proof? That's just beer.

The moonshine I tried was something like 190 proof. Like drinking gasoline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              "a bit more powerful...180 proof"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They must be yankees to call something like 30 proof "moonshine" - they don't know that anything less than 150 proof is not moonshine. It is barely useful as paint thinner.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X