Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Classic mario retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
    That was very interesting. Especially the connection to Popeye. Mrs H grew up with a Colecovision set (which is still in our garage) and had both Popeye and Donkey Kong for it. Until now I never thought about how similar they were.
    They actually have the same, or remixed music too. I have the cartridge for the NES Popeye game around here somewhere.

Comment

I played Popeye once for the Atari 2600 many years ago as a little kid, and didn't realize that Nintendo made it until I was much older and saw it in an arcade walking by. I thought that was pretty cool.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Announcement.

I am in need of a picture for a later video, but I have failed to find what I am looking for thus far.

I have searched for an image of a Super NES and TV. That would sound easy, but The image has to have a Super Scope sensor plugged in and set on top of the monitor.

IMAGE: http://static.gamesradar.com/images/...icle_image.jpg

I would draw a diagram myself, but I have two left hands.
        If somebody could volunteer, I will give him/her full credit.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
          Announcement.

I am in need of a picture for a later video, but I have failed to find what I am looking for thus far.

I have searched for an image of a Super NES and TV. That would sound easy, but The image has to have a Super Scope sensor plugged in and set on top of the monitor.

IMAGE: http://static.gamesradar.com/images/...icle_image.jpg

I would draw a diagram myself, but I have two left hands.
          If somebody could volunteer, I will give him/her full credit.
          I found a diagram, but you might be better off doing it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            I found a diagram, but you might be better off doing it yourself.
            I got it done in spite of the lack of response.

Comment

I got it done in spite of the lack of response.
              If I was any better at art than the than the guy who made the diagram I posted I might have given it a shot myself.

Comment

New video! I discuss Donkey Kong Jr. and briefly go over a two others.

Comment

There was a Donkey King 3???

Kind of funny too how Mario never made an appearance in the DK Country series.

Comment

Yup, but I didn't know about it until I bought this one emulator thing in a mall once. It had a bunch of NES games, including one that was only released in Japan. That, and the "Afro Bros." hack of Mario Bros.

Cranky has obviously never gotten over the past.

Comment

Actually, he has a cameo at the end of DKC2, along with Yoshi and Link. It was this grandstand thing with first, second, and third places for how many DK emblems were collected.

Comment

Actually, he has a cameo at the end of DKC2, along with Yoshi and Link. It was this grandstand thing with first, second, and third places for how many DK emblems were collected.
                        That tells you how long it has been since I played it...

Comment

Enter Luigi and a few Mario Bros. variants you've never heard of.

Comment

SOME RANDOM GUY: "Wow! I didn't even know those two other games even existed!"

Comment

In need of a cameo for a future video. PM me for details.

Comment

Enter Luigi and a few Mario Bros. variants you've never heard of.
                                I didn't know the original Mario Bros was so complex. Its a bit before my time anyway (my first console was Genesis).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X